GreekGuesthouse Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GreekGuesthouse Website

Just finished tweaking our site and hope I did not miss anything that may not be functioning or displaying properly. Please have a look and let me know if you find ANY errors. Thanks! BV is amazing!
    Marcie
    www.redtractorfarm.com
    www.iloveacorns.com
    www.halfkilofeta.com

Re: GreekGuesthouse Website

Marcie, What a beautiful website and obviously idyllic place to live or visit.
    I have added you to my favourites so I can day dream and to tell friends about Red Tractor Farm - Great name too.

I really, really like the modern colours with the traditional buildings.
    Only one small thing and I think you may have done it to save your pages getting too long but there is a reasonable amount of side scrolling on the guest house page and the available bookings page. I know it is small but lots of people do not like to scroll sideways and they are both very important pages.
    I would also change the page titles to reflect what is on the page as it can help with search engine optimisation.
    I love the white heart, too
    Sandra

Comment

Thanks Sandra for taking the time to look around the site.
      I did not realize the pages you mentioned are wider than others
      and will look at what I can do to get them more narrow!

Best wishes,
      Marcie
      Marcie
      www.redtractorfarm.com
      www.iloveacorns.com
      www.halfkilofeta.com

Comment

Nice job!!!

Some of your links (horizontal nav bar) are javascript links. SE's cannot see javascript links.
        You may want to consider having a line of text links at the bottom of your page. They can be a small (#6) font as this is mainly for SE's and users who have javascript disabled.
        You will see this quite often. I do this on every site of mine that is important for SEO.
        I did not see a link for your sitemap. This will make it easier for SE's to crawl your site.
        CarbonTerry
        Semper Fi
        Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
        Zone 5 Photo
        My USMC

Comment

Good evening CarbonTerry,

Thanks for the SE tips. It's probably obvious to anyone with more webmastering experience than me (and that's surely most of you)
          that I designed the site without knowing any of the tips and tricks that get you noticed by the SEs. I do have a sitemap link but honestly don't remember which pages I put it on - it is very small and dark lettering on dark background. Should the sitemap link be on all pages?

Just want to say 1 more time that BV is an amazing tool. Our entire business is generated from this site and knew nothing about site design before running into the BlueVoda download and the great help on this community forum.

Thank you!
          Marcie
          www.redtractorfarm.com
          www.iloveacorns.com
          www.halfkilofeta.com

Comment

The sitemap should be on the index page. Dark type on a dark background can be seen as "Black Hat" (methods that are "Against the Rules") and you could be penalized for that.
            Just tuck it away in a corner and make it a 6 font or put it in with the text links at the bottom of the page should you choose to add a text menu.
            CarbonTerry
            Semper Fi
            Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
            Zone 5 Photo
            My USMC

Comment

Had no idea I was breaking any rules. Who's rules?
              Thanks for the tip, I'll repair the problem!
              Marcie
              www.redtractorfarm.com
              www.iloveacorns.com
              www.halfkilofeta.com

Comment

Working...
              X