Ok, here it is, but a few questions.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theheadref

Ok, here it is, but a few questions.....

We have this for the local High School, Spirit Wear. http://www.atthelockerroom.com Let me know of any changes that would make it more navigable or easy to use. It's not complete, however the Platform is done. Want to make changes now and not when I've got 40 pages to change.

That brings me to my first question. How can I make changes, such as Nav Bars or Images, globally. Right now I am going through page by page make these changes.

Second, what page width and length is everyone using for their layout? As you can see I went by "Googled Advice" and I'm short on the width. I think the length is ok. What do you think?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jordi
  • Aliens Anonymous
    Special Status

• Jan 2006

Re: Ok, here it is, but a few questions.....

Hi theheadref :
    you've made a good start, your right about the page width try useing around 900, the length of a page is up to you and on what you want to put on it, but Ideally you want it to stop after your last text or image. as it is now you have a big gap .
    i am not to sure about your nav buttons gold on gold with black text the text on some of the buttons fades and is hard to read. could be just me.
    the best way i found to make lots page all the same is to make one page get the basic core looking the way you want. background, images, header text etc: then save as template that way you can bring it up work it make it say a gallery page then save it as gallery. your then remains untouched.
    the quickest way i have found in putting the same thing on every page say like a tell a friend button is to do it on your first page (get it work ok )
    then right click item or highlight item copy then you can paste on to every page.
    heres me babling on ; your sites coming on fine no one gets it right first time but you are well on your way.

Good luck.

Comment

• Bethers
      Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

I think you're doing great. I would suggest that you make both side bars just a tad less wide - just enough for the navigation buttons in them - which would give you a little more space on the page without causing a scroll in 800x600 resolution.

I would like to see the buttons a tad lighter color - in the same range would work, but a little lighter would be easier to read and make them stand out more.

Great job!
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

• theheadref

Thanks for the Feedback. Partner was saying the same thing about the Buttons. The buttons are Stock Voda buttons and does anyone know how to change the color? Also, about the Global thing, is there any way to make changes globally? Don't want to go through 15-20 pages and cut and paste and save and publish.

Thanks Again!!

Comment

• Bethers
          Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

As the first responder said, make the first page as you want on all the pages - meaning header, buttons, footer if you want one. Don't enter anything that would be for that page only. Then save what you've done as a template.

For every other page, you'll use that template and all that you did will be there.

Try right clicking on the BV buttons, click style and you can change colors.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

• jz1016
            Private First Class

• Apr 2006

Can I ask..theheadref..I know it's not really related to the topic but I went to that website and When you built the navigation bar...how did you link other webpages to the navigation bar buttons??

Comment

• navaldesign
              General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by jz1016
              Can I ask..theheadref..I know it's not really related to the topic but I went to that website and When you built the navigation bar...how did you link other webpages to the navigation bar buttons??
              YOU HAVE ALREADY POSTED THE SAME QUESTION 5 TIMES. You have been answered 3 times. Please note that if you go on i'll have to delete your posts.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• jz1016
                Private First Class

• Apr 2006

Sorry!

Comment

• Girlonthehill
                  General

• Oct 2005

Hi, I like it. I go with the advice others have left. It has a warm welcoming feel to it. I would make the text on the top left a little bigger (on the image of the lockers) as I found it pretty impossible to read. But overall I think it looks really good and professional. Well done.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                  02036089024 / United Kingdom
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• davidundalicia
                    General

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by theheadref
                    about the Global thing, is there any way to make changes globally? Don't want to go through 15-20 pages and cut and paste and save and publish.
                    Thanks Again!!
                    It would seem that no one, to date, has answered your question above.....
                    You may want to consider the use of Iframes, this will enable you to control
                    your nav bars or header photos using 1 or two page only.......
                    There is an excellent article on the use of Iframes by Navaldesign that could help you......
                    Have fun
                    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                    Newbies / Beginners Forum
                    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Working...
                    X