Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review website,

Hi all
    Would appreciate some constructive feedback about my new website I have built using bluevoda software.

It is my first time and it has been a learning experience, not to mention time consuming but enjoyed it.

Okay I still have one problem to solve and I would like to have the grey background covering the whole screen and main part of page centered.

Tried many things but to no success, when I set it up on my screen and preview it looks fine but when I try it out on my son's wide screen laptop it displays differently.

The website is http://www.rosdar.com

cheers

Rob

Re: Review website,

Hi Rob,
    all background is grey for me on FF, but your page is too wide - check the page width in page properties.
    Also on your Home page:

right through to the finished detailed stages including landscaping. That's right, your complete building package all in one.
    We strive for perfection and are very passionate in delivering first class projects that meet our clients
    ' needs, budget and expectations.

Experienced building techniques, latest technology in building materials and environmentally safe sustainable solutions.

good luck,
    david
    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

This may help with centring the pages. LINK
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks David for your input and I have made the changes you suggested to the text. I'm still not sure about the page width though, as I have changed the settings in properties many times but can't seem to find the right placement.

I will now try the link that Chris has put through, thank you Chris

Comment

While I can't really help you out in sorting issues, personally I think that the music is a bit distracting. It doesn't sound too professional, and is just distracting for people like me who are already listening to music.
          Apart from that, I think it's pretty good. Good job.

Comment

Thanks for that Night Fox, your right the music is only there as my son composed it and I just wanted to see if I could successfully add a sound file.

Chris I am grateful for this LINK , as it gave me a new understanding in web page building. I believe this would help a lot of people. Well done

I have created another page on the testimonial page(bottom right hand corner) it displays the number 10.

Please check this out and let me know if you can see a full grey background and main page is centered.

Cheers Rob

Comment

when you open a link it opens the page ina new window/tab. it is preferable for it to stay in the same tab. you can change this with the link 'target'.

Comment

Thanks PM Steel,

How do I do this Target link?
                Where do I find it?
                What settings need to be performed?

Regards Rob

I like your site by the way, simple and effective

Comment

Originally posted by robovector View Post

How do I do this Target link?
                  Hi Robovector,

Good Start... couple of comments:
                  • If you have links to another website (as per gallery etc) don't let this site open over yours as there's a good chance a visitor won't return. ( achieved when setting up the hyperlink: TARGET: _blank)
                  • Your terms & conditions open a acrobat link. Rather upload the rbs_terms_and_conditions.pdf to your VH account and provide a link (target:_blank).http:// www .yoursite.com/rbs_ terms_and_conditions. pdf
                  • It might look neater if you place your Copyright below the template square and Consider dropping the fancy border around 'burning truth & gallery' for the same border 'NSW & Testimonials' (IMO)
                  Andrew

sigpic

Port Elizabeth Web Design Solutions
                  Latest Release: Eastern Cape Hunting Safaris
                  Work In Progress Cape Town Dietician
                  BlueVoda Web Design Portfolio

Comment

Thanks Andrew,

Great advice and I made the adjustments you recommended.

I believe I'm nearly there, well until someone else points out something else.....lol

How do I submit my website to VodaSearch Directory, I have seen the form,

Are their any tricks that I should know or codes to place on my pages to get better traffic coming through my site.

What is the easiest way to get search engines to recognize my site.?

Okay, once again thanks for all the help you guys have been so kind enough to give me, it really has helped me understand so much more

Cheers ROB

Comment

Working...
                    X