Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guest book problems

hi
    i have a guestbook on my home page and it is constantly signed with spam, people trying to sell ******. Is there some way I can blobk this from happening?
    I have just deleted the latest 4 , but if you give it a couple of hours there is sure to be more.

Please any help will be great.

Re: Guest book problems

Welcome to the internet... full of bozos and spammers! You'd be a multi billionaire if you come up with a way to stop spamming.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

damn looks like I have something to work on LOL

Comment

to be honest I haven't used the guest book feature for many years but I believe by now there are some precautions you can take, but I couldn't explain them to you. Hold tight someone might see this post and give you some idea how to limit or remove spam like this.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

You are best with a guest book / comments script that allows you to approve the post before it go's live.
          I found this one easy to use.
          Sample on this page (Link) click on the link to "comments on Barnet Town walks)
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

thanks

Comment

Working...
            X