Red Gypsy jewellery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Gypsy jewellery

Hi, I've been reluctant to post here so far because it is far from finished. However, I'm thinking I can benefit from any advice/critisism at this stage to save me time changing things later.
    Obviously the pages are not all finished. I'm having the local college do my photos as a live project so they will be better.
    I haven't got a shopping cart in place yet either - that is my next project and I'm dreading it! (i'm really useless)
    So anyway, any thoughts on the basics would be gratefully received. Good and bad!
    Thanks for your time
    Karen
    www.redgypsy.co.uk

Re: Red Gypsy jewellery

looks good so far. you know what needs to be done. i'd say your pretty much there besides the cart & such. good luck!

Comment

Hi Karen.

Your photo's on the home page take a very long time to load. I checked one out and it was nearly 500kb. That's too big. You need to use pixresizer (VH Support>downloads) it lets you resize without affecting quality of image (when you get your new ones :o)). I think it could use a little injection of colour - though this may come from your photos too. Maybe centre your page as I get a big white band down the side.

I like the font and way you've used it in your heading. As Jason says - you've pretty much got it nailed. Dunno if you've thought about the big scary monster called shopping cart yet but I was recommended www.mals-e.com it's free and pretty easy to use. It was recommended by another member in an older thread. Good luck and keep up the good work.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Jason & Amanda, thanks for taking the time to tell me your views, it is appreciated :o) Re the photo's - as Homer would say...DOH! I had those before I found the resizer. I did all the others but forgot the ones on the home page. Thanks for that Amanda, I wouldn't have known if it hadn't been pointed out. As for colour - I agree too and what I thought when starting was to keep the layout pretty neutral and bland and get the colour from the jewellery. Hope that works! I've resized the page so the white band shouldn't be there now :o) The scary shopping cart monster - I saw on another post you had recommended the one you use and I had a quick checkout of it last week. It does look good so it's an option for me, thanks. I think it's more a case of me being scared to move from where I am. It gets so frustrating when you think you're doing something right but it's not working. (that said, all the problems I've have been my own stupid fault! lol) It's just been easier to put it off I guess lol.
        Thanks for your help. Your sites are beautiful! It's just a shame my best friend does the same thing as you otherwise we might have been able to do business together. :o(
        Thanks again
        Karen

Comment

Nice jewellery, however I think (dont know how you do it) that you should be able to get a bigger picture if you want to see an item in more detail, which is what most people want to do if they are buying jewellery. I sure that it would improve sales. Talking of which I noticed that on your site you are using Paypal. Does the customers address get sent to you from their software, regards John.

Comment

Hi John, thanks for your comments.
            The pictures are now sorted out to have a pop up window.
            Paypal does send the info to you I'm sure but just check out on their website to make sure
            Thanks again for your comments
            Karen

Comment

Working...
            X