Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit-of-many-things website review

Hi,

I'm busy with this www.croctools.co.za website and would like to hear your comments and feedback please. Customer wanted a very basic website without providing much script to work with. The Locate us and Directions links not yet populated.

Many thanks. Regards, Tom.
    Bless you
    Tom

Re: A bit-of-many-things website review

Hi Tom, the site looks great. Just a bit unusual to have 5 separate & unrelated business on one site. (They might struggle with the SE's promotion)
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Chris,
      Yes, I agree, but customer is a start-up and this is what he wants for now. We will create sister-websites at a later stage, IF the customer can provide the script himself.

Chris, if you see how the pages go white while browsing this site in comparison with my Renkalec website where the flow is VERY smooth. For some reason I cant get it right this time. Any advice on that?
      Bless you
      Tom

Comment

Hi Tom,
        I would guess that your client provided you with all the text???
        Someone needs to do a thorough grammar/spelling/punctuation check.........
        You have spelt "StationEry" as a link correctly but everywhere in the text it's spelt "StationAry" lol
        Just one of many errors, I'm afraid..........
        Overall, site looks good,
        david
        Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom vR View Post
          Hi Chris,
          Yes, I agree, but customer is a start-up and this is what he wants for now. We will create sister-websites at a later stage, IF the customer can provide the script himself.

Chris, if you see how the pages go white while browsing this site in comparison with my Renkalec website where the flow is VERY smooth. For some reason I cant get it right this time. Any advice on that?
          Not quite sure what you mean Tom? Are you talking about the images taking a second to load?
          Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by ahimsa View Post
            Hi Tom,
            I would guess that your client provided you with all the text???
            Someone needs to do a thorough grammar/spelling/punctuation check.........
            You have spelt "StationEry" as a link correctly but everywhere in the text it's spelt "StationAry" lol
            Just one of many errors, I'm afraid..........
            Overall, site looks good,
            david
            Thanks David,

Blushing this side.... lol. That was my mistake (old habits die hard) about stationery. Yes I need to recheck the site, but participation from customer is very little and I did not want to spend too much time on it. Most text copied from company documents. I actually want to re-word most text in due course. Will get someone to check it out for me.

thanks again David.
            Bless you
            Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
              Not quite sure what you mean Tom? Are you talking about the images taking a second to load?
              Sorry about that Chris. If you view and navigate in my Renkalec website (in my signature), you will see that it flows very smoothly; only the content changes while the header image, menus, etc remains without flickering or momentarily disappearing.

On the CrocTools website, however, the menus disappear for a moment and I cannot get it as smooth as the Renkalec site.

Have you any ideas what I need to investigate?
              Bless you
              Tom

Comment

Have you got the php urls for the way the page is made up?
                Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

your site load time is bad try to make it low

Comment

Working...
                  X