Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please review my website

Hi all
    I have just gone live with my site and would appreciate your comments.

Re: Please review my website

Hi,
    I didn't spend too long on your site, but here are some observations.
    1. Some pages are centered for the web browser and some are not.
    2. Where you have the "arrow" icons ... link the arrow as well as the text as the reader thinks that the arrow is what should be clicked to move to that section.
    3. I was on the golf section and found no way to go back to your site's home page... it just kept taking me back to the golf course home page.

You are off to a great start! Good luck with your site.
    P V WebSolutions

Comment

Thanks for your review gold paw.

I have been told by a few friends that the pages are not centred. The thing is, I have centred all the pages, but only a few of the pages centre. I have published them several times. Not sure what the problem is. Any advice would be good.

The arrow on the navigation buttons changes to a Bluevoda log when hovered over. I clicked on the arrow and it took me to the correct page. Please accept my apologies if I seemed to have missed what you were trying to point out to me.

I have linked the golf course to take the user to the Golf site, I am not sure how to get it back to me. Should I have done it that it opens in a separate window?

Many thanks for your review
      Angela

Comment

Hello Goldpaw

I have made al the links "self" and now the back arrow can be used. Please advise which pages are not centering.

Comment

Originally posted by midwales View Post
          Please advise which pages are not centering.
          http://www.mid-walesconnection.co.uk/llandrindod.html

I am more baffled by the lack of continuity of page design: on half of your interior pages, the width of the page layout changes, as does the layout itself, making for a startling page-to-page transition.

Additionally, and more disconcerting is the dropping off of the left gutter navigation: do you not think it best to keep all pages designed and presenting the same? Don't you agree that Visitors may wish to continue to explore your site according to their interest as long as full and proper navigational tools are provided?
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Ditto with keeping all page's menu's the same to keep the flow, & checking page widths.
            Remember to mention the good fishing you have on the lake.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hello

Thank for all the advise. I have tried to make my pages look like a magazine. If they should all be in exactly the same format, please let me know. I just thought that it was a bit boring and tried to do something diffrent. But at the end of the day, I DO want it to be right.

I have made all the links "self"
              Page widths are all 1000
              Pages are all centred
              left gutter navigation on all pages (except contacts)
              Added Fishing to the lake story

If there is anything else, please advise.

Comment

The index page sets the tone (for visitors) and the format (for the SE's) which is the backbone of what is seen to be your level of 'compliance' to the "Perfect Page Model" in web page construct .... which reflects every aspect of page development. It is the most objective way the SE's rely upon to ascertain whether or not a web site is truly credible and not "spoofed" or counterfeit (drastic determinations, but still there to be considered).

If you have all the things you are supposed to have on your index page that count toward attributable valuation like all your METADATA filled in, an accurate Navigational scheme that provides links to each page of the site (so there are no 'hidden' or ghosted pages that may be considered as false contributors to Content ranking), properly composed and tagged Content, and all the other elements of a page ... and then on interior pages these elements dropping off the pages, well, the SE's count this negatively as well, as if these pages are not only scoring differently and lesser than the index page, but in a manner that is suspect and possibly a threat. It will flag not only those pages, but eventually the site itself.

So, not only does maintaining elements page-to-page solidify site relevancy via sustained continuity (the most important aspect to the SE's), it most obviously provides for a seamlessly effective manner for visitors to use your website ... and in the long run, the metrics of that use is what helps the SE's determine the validity of your site with regard to being a resource for reliable results it can return to Search clients (thus the basis for page ranking). That's also why site stats are so important: they can tell you which pages are being seen more and for how long, which pages "push" people off, etc.. ... all clues you can use to go back and improve things like content, visuals, or whatever.

So, with these abbreviated explanations, hopefully you can understand a bit more why continuity is more than simply an aesthetic consideration?

Blue Voda makes it incredibly easy to "customize" to your heart's content within the parameters of good web building!

Looking forward to your predictable success!

Comment

Hi,
                  I just went back to your website and all pages seem to be centering now.
                  One thing you might want to watch is that I have noticed myself with the
                  last 3 websites that I have built in BV that when I go back to modify a
                  page the page width seems to slip up higher. So before you resave and
                  publish.. you might want to check in page properties to see that it did not
                  readjust itself.

Your - Where to eat link did not work for me.. you might want to check it.
                  IMO... you might want to try a little backgound color so that your website doesn't look so white on white. perhaps some shade of blue that would tie in with your vertical blue line. Just a thought.
                  Other than that .....good job!
                  P V WebSolutions

Comment

Many thanks to you all for your suggestions. I really appreciated it.

Comment

I have now changed the background of the pages so it is not so white on white as suggested.

Comment

Originally posted by midwales View Post
                        I have now changed the background of the pages so it is not so white on white as suggested.
                        Personally? I would have done the reverse: I would have used your pattern as background for the site, and left the pages as-is with the clean, white page background .....

As you can see, with a linear page background, your text and other objects are confused and overly diminished, as well as less than forgiving should you add anything not rectangular to the page itself.

Comment

Working...
                        X