X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, here we go.......take a gander

www.smoothestskin.com

ALL feed back is much appreciated, especially Gen. V., same school. Let me know everything, everybody.

There are some tweeks that need to be done, such as site map......but, all in all, this weekend, I want to compile of list of things to do next week. So, let me have it....both barrels.....
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Well, here we go.......take a gander

Glad to see you finally made it this far!

I'll keep it to 3 visuals ... OK?

1. Make your site no wider than 960 pixels. A lot of reasons, too many to list here.
    2. Re-make your Navigation buttons, either by choosing a different style or a complimentary color. Obvious why such an important element needs to provide continuity.
    3. Create a "page" for your website, by using a shape with a border thrown to back as a page sheet, adding a background color to the site (off-white, or even dove grey?), and Centering it in the browser (via Page Properties).

These 3 will make a dramatic impact on the first impression of your site entirely, and will begin form a "flow" that you can enhance by further complimentations.

The details of the site (META, KW, Content, style, etc.) will come from you peers, I'm sure. We are all here to help you reach your potential the best way possible, and to keep the process fun and exciting!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• ahimsa
      Major General

• Jan 2009

........didn't have time to go throuigh the whole site but here's what I noticed on your front page:

When you embark on the net looking for beauty products, you can surf the internet until you drop out of your chair. I’ve done this to see what’s on the market for skin care products. It’s mind boggling. And, you can even come across a beauty websites (either "a beauty website that has" or no 'a') that have over 100 products to sell and they don’t even know what they have in stock, how it works or what the ingredients are.
      I know, I’ve asked. They're out to sell you anything.

good luck,
      david

Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Thanks for your input, I'll be working on those things this weekend....

Comment

I'm doing everything as said,,,,,,but,,,,I want to put a new navagation bar and when I try to do that, I click on the nav bar to see the many combinations to choose from but it doesn't have any, only the blue voda bar.....??

Comment

Ok, I've tweeked the site, I had to put in Google Chrome so I could see all the links. They all seem to work. Yes, I'm familiar with style on navbuttons, but when I put up the Nav button, with the 4 blue vodo logo's, and I go to styles to change the look of the button,,,,,,there aren't any. Only the blue voda button. I've used it many times before.

Take another look at my site and give me some more input. Adding the background color like the good Gen said to do was a massive improvement.

I went to page propertys and set all my pages to 850 but on the website, it's still a little wide. I'll be doing some more tweeking. There are some pics I have to pixelize and stuff like that. I worked on metatags, don't know if it's all that correct. Let me know, I feel I'm going in the right direction, just need a little help.

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

I could not just sit back any longer and watch the others to nudge and prod you to death, so I went ahead and created this Demo to illustrate what I meant about a defined page, proper index Content, use of text links, balance of "flow" visually on the site, and the rest.

Mind you, it's just a suggested layout, albeit very different than what you've been working on. Also, it is very, very simple to transfer your content, images, and other page-specific elements to this layout, if you should choose to use it.

I will mention also that I debated a long time on whether or not to use a smaller slideshow on the index page (to show before and after pix, sectional pix -- all with text overlaid --- and so on), but in keeping things fully SEO-beneficial, a static, tightly focused page will serve you better. Besides, I figured many of your bread-and-butter local customers may have issues with their browsers loading pages with the newer formatted BV pages.

Hope it helps!

http://www.vodatips.com/smoothskin-2.html

Comment

WOW!!!!!!!!that's why you're a Gen. and I'm a private........what a difference a day makes....Thanks so much...I'm going to continue with your idea......be done today....
                Man o Manachevitz...............you really are good......better than good.....I will obviously have some questions.....but I"m on my way.....

Comment

how do I transfer all my pages into this type of page? where do I start?
                  Last edited by Guest; 09-29-2010, 04:35 PM. Reason: forgot part of message

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by mikee2 View Post
                    how do I transfer all my pages into this type of page? where do I start?
                    There are only 2 ways, really ...
                    1. Take the time to create a page in Blue Voda using the same tools, methods, and abilities available to everyone alike, in the step-by-step building process (which takes time, forethought, and generally following a Plan or Vision -- which the Demo can act as a guide of sorts), so that this page acts as a template. Then, copy+paste your page-specific Content, images and the other elements onto the template following the layout established to maintain the continuity page-to-page. Since you are using Blue Voda, it is simple to "stretch" the pages to make for a longer page to acommodate the necessary Content and images that may be required to be on the page itself. Once you are satisfied with how each page looks, merely SAVE PAGE AS with the new title: this method of using a previously saved page and "swapping out" text and images to create a new one takes advantage of being able to re-save the open page with a new page name without harming the original, previously saved page. You follow this for each page, being careful to change the META, formatting the H-Tags, and other page-specific items to 'optimize' properly.

2. If you don't want to go through the trouble of creating a page layout yourself and prefer to have me do it for you under your direction (whether or not you want to use the same demo layout or one similar to that shown), you'll need to make arrangements to compensate for the service. Typically, I am very affordable and dutifully produce completely conforming and results-oriented websites that are as visually appealing as they are compliant, so the value of my services emerges as a better value overall. Still, you must be prepared to work with a realistic budget, because for me, it's all about time spent, not 'learning' skills as I build.

In either case, the Demo shown in the thread above was done to simply inspire, illustrate, and encourage you and others to really understand not only the concepts of proper web development and how design is a core element to that process, but also domonstrate how capable Blue Voda is to enable anyone to do the same themselves using no extra added tools, scripts, or other gizmos that seem to fascinate to lethargy.

Two main points are the root of this entire exercise (because it is not my intent to pick up web builds):
                    "If I can do it, so can you!"
                    and
                    "Plan Your Work, Work Your Plan!"

Comment

could send me a personal message and give me a ball park figure, please.....

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Well, seeing as how you refused to pay the modicum amount for the template files and images (that took more time than you are aware of to prepare) and instead stole the template design and are using it without permission or release, I will do everything in my abililty to punish you without compromise.

You did a very unwise thing .... not only STEALING, but STEALING FROM ME IN THE VERY FORUM OF YOUR HOSTING PROVIDER!

You will note the Copyright Notice on the Demo, and the fact it was published in a valid account ..... Since VodaHost is the hosting provider on US soil, both VodaHost and this offending User are bound to comply with US Law (specifically the Digital Millenium Act), and even though the User resides in Costa Rica, International Copyright and Internet Law extends where Criminal Law may not. Thus, VodaHost will be compelled to remove the account from the database, given the lawlessness of the User not complying with Law or VodaHost's Terms of Service. Punitive Civil action and enforecement by the FBI is pending as well ...

There is no mis-understanding whatsoever --- this was a clear decision to steal and use without persmission or title to, and there are penalties in society for doing so.

Comment

Working...
                        X