• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ventresca
    Private First Class

• Apr 2008

Professional website... Do you like?

Here is my new website, my company should appreciate my heavy work...

I hope you will like it.
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Professional website... Do you like?

I am having a real, real hard time dealing with the unnecessary nusiance of you using pop-up/onclick links to yur images and PDF data sheets: A. the image pop-up's are insanely too large for proper display in anyone's browser universally, and it is nearly impossible to access the browser toolbar to close them normally; 2. the same goes with your PDF pop-up's .... There simply is no reason not to use the "TARGET = _blank" hyperlink method, especially since all the newest browsers (IE, Google, Firefox, Slimbrowser, Opera) all now include Tabs as a normal option!

This one aspect makes the site very un-friendly to visitors (and the use of so many pop-up's flag the SE's as well, as there is no reason to resort to using them, as unfavored as they are), and if a professional/corporate site, does not provide much of a positive professional first impression.

In my learned opinion, of course.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• ventresca
      Private First Class

• Apr 2008

Thank you a lot for your opinion, it's very important to know the opinions of who visits the site.
      Anyway my customers are principally masons, electricians and artisans... and ever over 50 years old... So I need to create an internet site as simple as possible.
      I used popups because I saw that just a person skilled in using the computer, usually has the habit to close the window when he has to come back to the previous page... So if it happens in my site, my customer should close the entire site....
      So I choose the "popups" way to prevent it happens...
      I will resize the bigger pics, and I will use TARGET = _blank metod, thanks to your suggestions!
      Just a question: In the "USATO" page, I'm using a photo gallery for the pics... what's your suggestion about the opening option in the photo gallery menu?
      Thank you so much!

Comment

• JRPC
        Sergeant First Class

• Sep 2010

I just tried to view it and it is not available, did you take it down? Or do you have permissions set wrong? It says it is Forbidden. Not something you want your index (homepage) to be.

- Regards

Jon

Comment

• ventresca
          Private First Class

• Apr 2008

Really I don't know what happens...
          Yesterday my site has begun to show the first version that I've created, and I don't know the reason. So I've deleted my public_html dir in the site, and I've re-published all the pages of my site directly from the bluevoda editor.
          It has work for an half perfectly. But after the site shows the error message that you can see now: 403 Forbidden...
          I've send a message to the hosting "register.it" from where I've bought the web space. If you can suggest something, I'd be happy to learn the solution...
          Thanks!

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Publishing to a non-VodaHost server? That will not be successful ....
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
            X