Please Review New Site (particularly for SEO)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • neutrino
    Private

• Mar 2011

Please Review New Site (particularly for SEO)

Hi thank for a revue, I'm particularly interested in help with getting the site better-ranked... so any ideas there would be appreciated, it's "Accommodation" and there a 'mountains' of accommodation sites to compete with!!!
    Site: http://www.eiramwood.com/
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Revue: particularly for searches

Well, for me there was too many conflicting color schemes (gray & red Flash banner, gold and white header, black and white art, green and gray painting offset, etc.), so I picked the dominant colors (black/gray/white with a touch of green) to highlight the overall continuity and to tie into the text, to provide not only relevancy to the SE's but to the visual appeal of visitors. This is also why I made the image the right size to act as both Page background and Site Background .... when you add the interior "Gallery" Flash show on top of the static image, it will "pop" perfectly, with no need for player borders or anything else. If you duplicate the text area backdrop, even if you change shape and size, it will provide the continuity needed.

AND I "upgraded" the Page Content to better perform for the local NZ hub (as most conversions will come from local results) as well as globally. This is also why I included "destination" and "vacation" on the index page ... to score for searches using those key terms either in phrases or actual hard keyed searches (globally or locally by expatriates).

All this allowed me to simplify the overall page design to emphasize the serenity, the artistic, and the 'natural' peace The Studio seems to offer .... which also allowed me to style the hyperlinks with the touch of green from the painting and to keep a hint of the page backgrounds that was sporadic previously.
    * By not using a "header" per se, the interior pages can easily be accommodated to display the Flash slideshows (size-wise) and without them being lessened of emphasis by "competing" for color with any header or Navigation -- as you can see on my version of the "Gallery" page. But, since it is your site, you need to do what you think best: I simply wanted to show how to "genericize" the layout for different interiors without losing character, and how to best begin current SEO valuative builds.

And, after much thought, I removed the "cute" aspect (the Stay Hare image) to clean it all up once and for all, re-publishing it hours later. I think you will agree, the overall site fares better proferssionally presented --- let "character" be something that can be appreciated upon arrival ...

If you VIEW SOURCE, you will see the new Keywords and the kind of Page Description you need to focus on properly writing specific to each page. Hopefully, you will also pick up the manner in which I composed the Page Content to truyly highlight intentional Key Words and Phrases that are current high SE value without losing the feeling that it was naturally composed. This is essential to real web development, this building of natural relevancy with precision and purpose ....

Take a Look at my interpretation and tell me what you think.
    Definitely link thru to the "Gallery" page also!

PS: I'd suggest you add more information to be submitted on your "Contact" page (to have more to work with upon submission), and as long as you re-doing the pager, be sure to publish it as ".php" so it will function (per Tutorials, as any page with a Form on must be) and to also correct navigation accordingly.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• neutrino
      Private

• Mar 2011

Re: Revue: particularly for searches

"WebPro and Forum Moderator"
      the 'WebPro' should be in Bold!
      I obviously have much more technique to learn, even though I thought I'd achieved something with this site. But to see it retouched & edited by someone with a finer eye for detail & layout ~ I'm impressed!
      I'm almost speechless at you taking the time to do this..
      to say it's "much appreciated" just doesn't convey my appreciation in the slightest!
      I'm sitting here with mouth open in Awe!
      I created the site - but FOR the Site Owner - that's not me, I'll certainly be taking this 'amended" view to them, for a look.
      It took me a few back n forth looks at original and your version to decide if the light green behind text was better not there, or kept ~ I'll let owner decide.

The gallery page -yes I do agree - your layout is much better, better than the "table separation" I'd done - which probably shows me not taking it to a higher level, I should'v spent some more time on that page, and tried a few alternate layouts.
      and yep - I'll have a close look (and learn) from the manner in which you'v composed.
      Is IS quite a difference - subtle perhaps - but a marked improvement, it just shows what one person can achieve on their own, but with another to add ideas and suggestions, can take a site, and notch it up to a higher level.
      I'll load these page down to the Pc here, study and blend in to the site on Pc, and show the site owner ~ and see what their thoughts are.
      One item for sure though - as you say "Page Content to truly highlight intentional Key Words and Phrases that are current high SE value.." will certainly be adopted.
      I Do appreciate your suggestions and the time taken to present them,
      Many thanks

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Please Review New Site (particularly for SEO)

Well, glad you like the look, and can appreciate the refined approach.

Feel free to use as a model for any design evolution you may wish to undertake.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X