• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • berndskoehling
    Private

• Feb 2011

New website promoting my books just launched

Hi there. It was a steep learning curve and whether I have "arrived", I don't know yet. But thanks to BV I have accomplished something I didn't think I could do just a few weeks back. Thanks a lot again.

I will use my website www.benz-books.com to promote the books I write and plan to write about Mercedes vintage cars. The buy-button will be added later. I would be keen to know, what you people out there think about this my first attempt, also considering SEO readability.

Any comment is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Bernd
  • DarrenC
    Brigadier General

• Jul 2008

Re: New website promoting my books just launched

You've done a great job, a couple of things you'd might like to consider though.

1) Resize the left gradient shape that is behind your menu buttons. It's too wide. You want the right hand edge to be flush with the edge of the background photo.

2) Unless my PC is running slower than normal I felt that your background photos were a bit heavy and taking a bit too long to load. Might want to consider running them through a pixizer.

3) I like your background photos but I feel you need to water them down some more, so the black text contrasts a little better. As a compromise or indeed a benefit have smaller full colour photos alongside or underneath your text.

3) Give your site a footer. Typically your company name and text links to your pages.

I hope this helps
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

• berndskoehling
      Private

• Feb 2011

Hi Darren,

your comments are really appreciated!! I had the same feeling re the pictures, when I used a different computer than the ony I use normally. I will resize them and also do something re their colors, so the text is clearer to be seen.

Thanks again for your time and effort,

Bernd

P.S. Do you think, there is too much text on the pages? On the other hand, it's there to be a teaser to buy the books

Comment

• scdsuccess
        Second Lieutenant

• Jun 2008

Hi Bernd

I agree with Vasili.

Your background images are a bit to heavy. It makes the text hard to read.

And why did you make most of your text bold... it kinda give a bold screaming. Very straining on the eye. I started reading, but felt that I had to rush to get the reading finished.

Once you have water down your background images, then i would advice to turn the text to normal, maybe italic.

Otherwise, overall, job well done...
        Professional Photography Services Pretoria
        Advertising for South African Businesses

Comment

• Collectors-info
          General

• Feb 2006

Only a personal view. But think the images would of looked better within the text on the page instead of using the light box.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
          X