Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New site

Hi everyone,
    Never built a website before, and I took this over from someone who knew how to build websites. Long story short, I recently transferred the domain over here to BV and had to start over because the host they had was not for the "websites for dummies" like me. Please take a look and critique for us :)

Thanks
    T.K.

Re: New site

Site loads very fast.

But the font you used for the menu, and on your Home button, isn't very nice. Difficult to read.

Your text runs over your picture on your main page, which doesn't look attractive.
    Your banner text, or text right at the top of the page, are cut off. Try to shift the content a little lower.

For a first timer - not bad. Just little improvements and you're there!

Good luck.
    Professional Photography Services Pretoria
    Advertising for South African Businesses

Comment

Thank you, I'll look into making changes to those issues. :)

Comment

You've done a great job.

A couple of observations though.

1) Your site will be too wide for most viewers and they'll have to scroll from left to right. Make your pages no more than 994 pixels wide.

2) Lose all those email addresses. Once the spam bots get hold of them, the recipients won't thank you. Either convert the text to an image, use an email riddler or use a contact form

3) On this page your bullet points images are not showing http://sponsorship.whidbeyderby.com/...ponsorship.php

Hope this helps
        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Ditto with Darren comments. You should also reduce your images physical size to the correct size for faster page loading.
          Also your page is unusually wide to the left & right, with the left side not being seen. Settings are as below on your pages.

position: absolute;
          left: 50%;
          top: 50%;
          width: 1250px; Aim a page width of 950'ish
          height: 860px;
          margin-top: -430px; For some reason you have minus settings for your margins?
          margin-left: -625px;
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Your site looks very good , and load fast , good job

Comment

Working...
            X