Second generation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second generation

I started this site to communicate the activities and results of a new men's golf club. This is the start of the 3rd season and I have tried to improve the look and ease of navigation for the members. I am really a novice and would appreciate your critique. www.epmgc.com
    Last edited by onestep; 04-03-2011, 03:42 AM. Reason: URL would help!

Re: Second generation

Your site has a lot of side scroll with being 1200 wide, usually best around the 950-980 mark. It would also be good to check on your images sizes to help speed up loading. Although its not that bad the eagle logo is at 339.61 KB & would be better at around 10-15kb.
    The page kb size is around the 500 mark & would be a lot better at around the 150-200kb.
    Remember to use only keywords that are within the pages text or links.
    Something a little brighter in colour might be a little friendlier on the eyes. Was messing around with this page, just for something a little brighter. http://metestsite.co.uk/golf1.php but that is just personal taste.
    Might be worth having a menu that is easy to get at & not at the bottom of the page. Might be an idea to have a standard menu at the top of the page that will stay the same in all pages like "Home, About us, Join us, Contact us" & have a menu down the left side with things like "Tournaments, Results & so on. This will give a main menu on top & sub menus down the side that can change when you have arrived at the page of that subject. So if you click on membership, you will go to a page that is just about that with links to benefits, membership forms, prices & so on .
    It would also be neater for the clubs records to have a form on site that can be filled out, printed & then signed so it can be sent by post. Bit like this one http://metestsite.co.uk/form-for-printing.html
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Re: Second generation

Thanks for your well thought out reponse, I really appreciate it. The menu organizing suggestions are especially helpful.

Comment

Working...
      X