Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please review my site

Hi all

My name is Leonard Williams from Sydney Australia.

Please give me some constructive criticism regarding my new website.

Thanks

Len

www.oursydney.org/index.html

Re: Please review my site

These are my personal preferences others may like what they see...
    I'll start with your index page:
    I would remove all the pictures going down the left hand side. They distract from the message you are trying to convey and really don't add anything.
    I would then extend the aqua background down to the end of the page to make the background uniform and the text easier to read.
    Next there are three overlapping rectangular shapes on the left side bottom that serve no purpose. I would remove them.
    I would change the Vodahost "YouTube" link to a small Vodahost link as this "YouTube"is promoting Vodahost more than the intent of your website.You can paste a html link to your page such as; <a href="http://www.bluevoda.com">VodaHost website builder</a> for this purpose.
    Also, I would remove the competing website ad and reduce the overall size of the ads on this page. This will give you room to expand on the content of the page and not have to have "(read more...)" links.
    I haven't the time to go into the other pages except to note that there is overlap of the text on some of the pages. I'm viewing with Firefox so you might want to try viewing with this browser as well as others before publishing.

Comment

Thanks, that was very constructive feedback. I appreciate it.

Regards

Len

Comment

It is a great site I am by no means a pro, but i have designed a lot of sites. Basically the site is fine, but i would make all the pages like this one...http://oursydney.org/sydneytheatre.html

Comment

Nice site indeed. Just a few problems I spotted.
          1. Your text and photo links take your visitors away from your site. Rather let those linked sites open in a New window and not in the same window.
          2. Your "Return to top of page" link routes me back to your Index page and not to top of page as expected.
          3. The drop-down menu at the bottom of the page does not open fully on some laptops and visitors will not alway know they must still scroll down while menu is open. How about the menu bar on top of ALL the pages or on either side?
          4. On your Sydney Theatre page the harbour photo is behind the page text (In Firefox anyway). Similar on some other pages as well.

That's all for now. Good luck and well dome so far.
          Bless you
          Tom

Comment

Keep everything simple, don't change color styles..
            But if you ask for criticism, then I must say that none of colors work... By looking into these two links, you will understand why I am saying this.
            Websites of 2000
            Websites of 2011
            You can see how colors are now used in web graphics. WWW is improving every second..
            Hope you get some inspiration from those links :)

Comment

Sorry, second link for some weird reason was censored.. Can't find the same, but here is something similar

Comment

Working...
              X