• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SChajin
    Major General

• Jan 2006

Re: Does anyone like my new site?

Thank you Linda, He had me worried but I will take your advise.

Thanks again
    Sharon Chajin

Comment

• circuspet.com
      Brigadier General

• Feb 2006

Sorry Sharon. I forgot to offer you the grain of salt with that critique. But, I though you were looking for things you might, again, Might want to change. The praise for your hard work will appier at the Bank.
      P.S. love your heading photo= ok is that better now

Comment

• Lincslady
        Brigadier General

• Jan 2006

Your welcome and no need to worry your doing great! ;o)
        Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
        http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

• SChajin
          Major General

• Jan 2006

Like it says I'm looking for the good and the bad, I fixed the scroll bars.

Thanks all, you to circus
          Sharon Chajin

Comment

• bill2006
            Lieutenant General

• May 2006

Hi Sharon,
            Like your site it loaded quickly and I think that your beach pic says it all - great marketing tool !

I'm with Linda, the scroll bar could be a different color, distracting and sort of jumps when you click on it.

The http://www.thebarefoottraveler.com/women.html page seems to have a blank space between the bee logo and the text, something going in there later ?

The links under your title could use Spacing and trim the underline for "Contact" see how it starts before the C?

Did you resize your pics proportionately? The reason I ask is because they seem elongated vertically,

Good luck,
            Bill
            www.blueearthtea.com
            www.ftaaconsulting.com
            www.iaval.com
            www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

• SChajin
              Major General

• Jan 2006

Hi Bill,

Yes I have stuff going on in the middle I hope, As far as the spacing on the links I had a devil of a time just getting them to look like that, the pics I can fix.
              Thanks for taking the time.
              Sharon Chajin

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Sharon....I waited to see if anyone else would mention it, and since they haven't I guess it's up to me....
                A. On your top nav links, you have highlighted blank spaces when hyperlinking, and that is why you see underlines past text -- and this is inconsistent between pages.....you need to stablize this important glitch
                B. Since your site truly is NOT a cart, you really must pay more attention to organizing your product with respect to introductory text...using a table might be the first thing to utlize, after possibly putting each of your products on 3x5 cards and writing no more that 50 words for each, then shuffling them on a coffee table in a format that makes complete logical sense > then transferring that scheme to your BV table. BV will always reform down if your table needs to flow.
                C. Remember to keep "the old below the fold"..and the priorities above: using 6oo-650 tall screen without scrolling, you should always put images/info/links that are most important above that fold so visitors do not have to scroll down. Rule is first time visitors barely see half way down the first screen before they decide what they will do: drill or bail.
                D. Ever think about "click to enlarge" utility for your product images? It comes in handy, especially when building a non-cart transactional basis in BV.
                E. Since you have basically started on this site, maybe during the time of loading more product, cleaning things up a bit, etc, you could add a low-volume track of waves on the shore?? It might add more dynamism overall without depending too heavily on animation....

Again....just my thoughts...
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Sorry, Sharon, I got caught past the deadline for edits...
                  more on B above:
                  Using a "table" on a product page layout would mimic the appearance of a traditional cart layout, and offer the *****ness of form for presentation. Also, it helps to measure textual aspects for intro/descriptive text for products, something you must do since the pictures are so small and do not themselves convey the necessary details for fluid transactional continuity. This is where the "click to enlarge" comes in handy....

In BV, to allow customers to see a "Catalog" or "Index" of categories or products (however you organize them) is essential: did you entertain the idea of first linking to a page that would serve as a Search page? You could list things by category in text, which would then link to a specific page with products laid out in a table format....for instance....

And I really like the thought of some wav file of waves on the beach throughout (you can get a long enough track say at Hallmark, those nature sound tapes/background noise, etc. which will provide a long enough "loop"). Animations should always be kept at a minimum, as they infer a lower professional presentation......(cartoonish)

And...F. Change the colors/scheme of your scrollbars...make them clearly visible and therefore usable...they are so pale now viewers are unsure of which does what!

Have I gone overboard again?? I'm sorry, but I think that by clarifying my earlier suggestions, you will get to see the overall perspective I am attempting to share for your benefit...
                  . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                  * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                  X