Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions on which web site to run with, please HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on which web site to run with, please HELP!

Hello everyone! Thanks in advance to any help offered!

So my original site was a bit over the top with advertisements, and was just plain outdated. So I decided to change it up a bit. I designed an entirely new site, which I thought was visually appealing. (I also think it is slower loading), so I went back with my old design which I tweaked. (seems to load faster)

So my question is, would you please check out both home pages and let me know how fast they loaded for you, and which one you find more appealing visually, functionally, etc... any opinions appreciated. And what browser your using and how it looks with that browser. I noticed different browsers sometimes move things around a bit.

Thanks All!

Here's the links:

http://www.electriccigreviews.com & http://www.electriccigreviews.com/ecralternate.html

Re: Opinions on which web site to run with, please HELP!

First of all, you are supposed to have an age restriction page as a challenge before entering the site, even if it simply am index page that offers a divergent link as an alternative to entering the next page in the site. Something! You need to show some slight effort to comply with the law ...

Secondly, it matters not how "fast" the site loads unless the visitor is still on dialup. Yours is neither sophisticated enough to rely upon comprehensive scripting nor does it have a huge amount of dynamic code ... simply too many video players/links, which do contribute to page file, but are server-based files.

Personally, they are rather clumsily designed and poorly arranged, and would surprise me if they produced any measurable consumer appeal (actually had monetized conversions). I would suggest a concerted effort to simplify and streamline your site concepts to a more intelligent and visually appealing layout: you are trying to do too much in too little space.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

thanks for the reply... how do i do the age restriction index?

"I would suggest a concerted effort to simplify and streamline your site concepts to a more intelligent and visually appealing layout: you are trying to do too much in too little space."

how do i proceed? i'm basically at a complete loss right now then...

Comment

As with anything else in Life: focus on the important things, and do them well rather than trying to do too much at once only to do a mediocre job at best. One step at a time .... Keep It Simple .... Don't over-step yourself ...
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X