• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • googillie
    Private

• Aug 2009

I am trying to decide if my werbsite is rubbish or my content is rubbish

Hi all, first time!!

I am trying to decide, as I am getting virtually no sales, if my website is not good or if I am trying to sell items which are of no interest. I have persevered over the last five years but I am now loosing the will to continue. Some truthfull comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: I am trying to decide if my werbsite is rubbish or my content is rubbish

Your market niche is subject to whatever trends and influences that focus specifically on your market share. Who is to say? You should know all there is to know about such a narrow market share how your narrow offering compares statistically to the mean and to the averages....

If you have not properly designed your site per the model set as standard, or have not created the Content upon which to construct superior relevance, or have not optimized your Content and the Build to attract the deserving attention from the Search Engines and Search clients alike, then there is no reason to expect optimal performance from the website in any degree.

You get the performance out of a website in direct proportion to the efforts invested.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• narobe
      First Lieutenant

• Apr 2006

When you say "...my web site is not good.." are you referring to the layout and design?

A web site in some ways is like a street shop you just can't expect to refurbish the premises open your doors and and have it full of customers. Your going to have to do some type of marketing, a shop owner might contract someone to distribute leaflets on the nearby streets to attract clients. A web page will also need publicity to attract clients, that's where for example Social Media Marketing comes in play (there are loads of courses and info available). Obviously I'm not saying that will be the solution but if you haven't used Facebook, Pinterest, Blogs or some sort of social media you could give it a try.

Comment

• narobe
        First Lieutenant

• Apr 2006

When you say "...my web site is not good.." are you referring to the layout and design?

A web site in some ways is like a street shop you just can't expect to refurbish the premises open your doors and and have it full of customers. Your going to have to do some type of marketing, a shop owner might contract someone to distribute leaflets on the nearby streets to attract clients. A web page will also need publicity to attract clients, that's where for example Social Media Marketing comes in play (there are loads of courses and info available). Obviously I'm not saying that will be the solution but if you haven't used Facebook, Pinterest, Blogs or some sort of social media you could give it a try.

Comment

Working...
        X