Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-language Website

Hi my name is Hadas,

in My website www.adonai1.com I have similar pages in three deferent languages. The problem is that the Spanish takes over the English (or some time the English take over the Spanish). If you know what behind the wrong Spanish title and you click on it you get the English link. But people who get the index page that is supposed to be in English do not understand what to do in order to get what they want and are not able to see what is available for them.
    I will truly appreciate some help in that.

Thanks.

Re: text from one page in Spanish is taking over the text in similar page in English

On which site, the "portal" of the main Joomla site??

Personally, your would be better off having on the Portal page a simple "Welcome Statement" or brief introduction in each of the languages that include a simple instruction to be sure to click on their choice of languages on the main site (the Joomla site). This way, all you would need to do is add one or two more Language Plugin's to the Joomla site and let the visitor themselves determine their progress upon the site.

Granted, for Hebrew you may need to install a second Joomla installation in a directory by itself, simply because how the text reads right-to-left instead of all the other languages reading left-to-right. But then, both sites will have superior continuity of design and function, and no one will feel left out or forced to deal with "less" than a full version of the site.

That is my personal suggestion, for whatever it's worth.

But, if you are more inclined to "fix" the site as it is with the same uneven structure, I would suggest that it has to do with the same "buttons" and navigation elements being copied page-to-page with broken continuity, which may be aggravated by improper methods of Saving pages as required when using BV12. Some page Saving and creation Tips can be found in this post.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: text from one page in Spanish is taking over the text in similar page in English

Can you please explain what is the "portal" of the main Joomla site?? What is Joomla site?

Comment

THIS is the "Portal Page" created using BlueVoda : http://www.adonai1.com/ that offers the choice of sites in preference of language, correct?

THIS is the main page of the Hebron Joomla website: http://www.hebronministries.com/hebron/

So .... "your" site is simply the interior "landing" pages offered in either English or Spanish, correct? Like this English one: http://www.adonai1.com/english.html

I still think you have concocted a site structure that is poorly designed, and fraught with potential functionality problems.

As suggested above, you would be better off using a Wordpress or Joomla script (both of which are easily customized and configured) and simply using different language Plugin's to offer universal accessibility easily and without a confused structure.

Comment

I created an index page that offer the languages option and redid my English page - it seams to work. Thanks

Comment

other content in my latest visitors

In my website adonai1.com When I check my latest visitors I find many times in the URL colomn attached content for example: /drawing-ap-biologymitosis-and-meiosis-lab/ from Mozilla/5.0 (compatible: Googlebot/2.1: +http://www.google.com/bot.html).
            I tend to block the IP that send it.

The question is, am I not blocking googleboot from checking my site?
            Hadas

Comment

Do you mind to check it and tell me if I can still improve it? Hadas

Comment

Re: Multi-language Website

Moving to CUSTOMER WEBSITE REVIEWS where others may also be able to offer insight and suggestion.

Comment

Re: other content in my latest visitors

Originally posted by hadas View Post
                  In my website adonai1.com When I check my latest visitors I find many times in the URL colomn attached content for example: /drawing-ap-biologymitosis-and-meiosis-lab/ from Mozilla/5.0 (compatible: Googlebot/2.1: +http://www.google.com/bot.html).
                  I tend to block the IP that send it.

The question is, am I not blocking googleboot from checking my site?
                  Hadas
                  It doesn't work like that, besides the point being you do not ever want to block a Google associated IP. That should be obvious.

You should study the following approved method of blocking bot caching > The robots.txt file

Comment

so I should not Block that IP even if it is listed in one spam database?

Comment

Originally posted by hadas View Post
                      so I should not Block that IP even if it is listed in one spam database?
                      Only one??

Seriously ... to me it is as if you easily swallow a camel but strain on a gnat. Were it me, I would be more concerned with developing a website that is worthy of your Mission than inappropriately paying heed to lofty nuance and inflated nuisance ...

Comment

I am not sure what you are saying. My site http://www.adonai1.com/ is totaly separated form http://www.hebronministries.com/hebron/ even though I got permition to offer some of the material that they are selling, for free out of the goodness of their heart. I also got permition to translate and offer the translation for free.

Comment

can you please check my site

Can you please check my site www.adonai1.com and give me constructive criticism...I want to improve, Thanks, Hadas

Comment

Working...
                          X