After registering, how to have thank you page right after clicking on "submit"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tcottow
    Sergeant

• Apr 2006

After registering, how to have thank you page right after clicking on "submit"?

I already have register.html and register.php for my customers to send me a registry form to my email account.
    Now I have 2 problems
    1. Right after clicking on submit, I want to have thank you page. How to?
    I think I have to create thankyoupage.bvp.....then, publish it to have thankyoupage.html .... then, what else I do need to do?
    2. Information in registry form that were sent to my email account was in the Thai language. The web mail (Horde) couldn't read it. How can I have those information in my email account in Thai.
  • Girlonthehill
    General

• Oct 2005

Re: After registering, how to have thank you page right after clicking on "submit"?

You may get a quicker answer from an expert if you post in the correct forum, friend. Try BlueVoda or Forms forum :o)

You are correct on No. 1 - amend your php script to direct to your thankyou page. Don't forget to add navigation buttons to get back to your site.

You may have to submit a ticket for No. 2 - but try the email forum first - someone might have an idea.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Andy128
      Major General

• Dec 2005

Re: After registering, how to have thank you page right after clicking on "submit"?

tcottow,

I believe this is what you are trying to do. Give it a try and should you have any questions- post it in the forms section so we may help you out.

Andy
      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

• tcottow
        Sergeant

• Apr 2006

thank you Andy, but I still don't understand how contact.html has been linked to confirmation.php
        If it is the same name like contact.html and contact.php, it's understandable that they will be linked automatically.
        But it is different name, so u need to put a script to link them together??

Comment

• navaldesign
          General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

The names are not important. You link the php script to the form page by setting the "Action" in the Form properties to be "contact.php" or "confirmation.php" or "action.php" or whatever you have named your php script file.

After submission, the info is submitted to the php script, which first sends the email to you, then it redirects the visitor to the thankyou_page. Andy has it explained well in his tutorial.

About the email problem: I don't think it's a Horde problem. You see, i have been wondering how did you get the Thai in BlueVoda, since BlueVoda is not Unicode. I also visited the site and i could not see anything, because all the text was converted in symbols. I suppose that your email problem is because the Bluevoda Form page doesn't accept the Thai alphabet. Yes, when you type in, it appears as Thai to the visitor's monitor, but then it is converted. Also Russian and other language clients had the same problem. On the other hand, i might be wrong
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• tcottow
            Sergeant

• Apr 2006

thanks navaldesign.
            tcottowel.com

Comment

Working...
            X