You've gotta help me!! Any Dart players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thrama
    Corporal

• Dec 2005

You've gotta help me!! Any Dart players?

I've spent time trying to do my site for Dennis Priestley and my friends or Dennis are not giving me constructive feedback! You guys don't know me so please let me know how to improve because I personally don't like the finished product.

Thanks so much if you give me any time!!!!

http://www.dennispriestley.com
  • SChajin
    Major General

• Jan 2006

Re: You've gotta help me!! Any Dart players?

Everything that I tried worked, but on the links page sorry but it hurts my eyes. Othe than that is looks good!
    Sharon Chajin

Comment

• Andy128
      Major General

• Dec 2005

Thrama-

Looks great and everything works. Must admit to squinting a little to see the links though.

Nice job with the site.

Andy
      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

• Thrama
        Corporal

• Dec 2005

Well thanks guys I'm really shocked, I hope you're not just being kind! I think I've got some way to go but I'm more inspired now and I'll try to turn the links into pictures - thanks again.

Comment

• nick1346
          Major

• Jan 2006

Hi Tharma,

Sorry I'm not a darts fan, having said that he looks bloody focused on the opening video! I like the use of video in websites and it's becoming less of a problem as more people go broadband and those speeds increase.
          Again everthing works, the one and only thing I think you should look at is the colours. It's only a suggestion but how about going for a fainter red background without the fade into black, keep the menu buttons black and change colour of the links text. That should make it a bit easier on the eye.
          Job well done
          Cheers
          nick

Comment

• Girlonthehill
            General

• Oct 2005

Hi there T,
            Must admit - I thoughy my monitor had lost it for a moment there when I got your first page up! Lol. But upon further investigation fully understood why. I found the red text on the dark red background a little difficult to read, I think most of your pages have been left untitiled (in BV - right click on bare background - choose pager properties and add details) and on some pages your 'links' button was actually called 'video'. Apart from that you've done a geat job. 'ONE HUNDRED AND EIGH-TEEEEEY' ;O)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• jane bond
              First Lieutenant

• Jan 2006

Wow - you did a good job, but I'm with the others here, reconsider the red and black strips, it's really eye-searing. I did actually play competitive darts and a young teen, but wasn't that good! How about integrating more dartboard elements?

You might also give users the opportunity to turn the music off. I really don't care for music an websites and since we have a home office, it can be very disruptive to the hubby (it also discourages people who are surfing at work!). Keep working with BlueVoda, I'm continually amazed by what I can do with it and constantly learning, which is reflected in my sites!

Cheers!
              Terri
              www.ice-tropic.com
              www.janebondtravel.com
              www.theazfoodcritic.com

Comment

• Thrama
                Corporal

• Dec 2005

Thank-you, thank-you and thank-you guys. I now have stuff to work on. My problem has been little feedback and now I've got some. I also appreciate the nice comments you've made but the constructive critism was great. Thanks for your time!

Rob

Comment

• jane bond
                  First Lieutenant

• Jan 2006

Good luck! Let us know when you've revamped and we'll look again!
                  Terri
                  www.ice-tropic.com
                  www.janebondtravel.com
                  www.theazfoodcritic.com

Comment

Working...
                  X