• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELI
    Corporal

• Apr 2006

newbie here... first web anything i have ever created

hi,

Eli here. this is the first thing i have ever done. its not great... but its a start. i started thinking how nice it would be if average people like me with barely any knowledge of internet marketing,html,webdesign,etc..... if we could actually strike it rich like all these other people out there in affiliate programs and marketing and stuff. i dont actually plan on making much. the main thing i have come to understand about marketing is that if you dont already have a downline or group of followers, then you need enough money to actually start something. most of the things i will try are free because i dont have much money. hopefully i will have some reviews on certain products up soon. **i had a list already prepared for my webpage but since my wife cleaned i cant find it** i think its in the trash now.
    anyways... please, any comments on my progress so far is greatly appreciated. and any other average Joe out there that would like to join me in testing and reviewing please feel free to contact me.

P.S. any free product type stuff that someone would like to find out about, let me know. i will give it a test drive. just reply to this thread with a link.... thanks to all.
    this forum is great. response time is awsome. people are friendly. think i might join the affiliate program.
    I needs TACOs, I needs them or I will explode. That happens to me sometimes.
    http://www.elimarketingstore.com
  • ELI
    Corporal

• Apr 2006

Re: newbie here... first web anything i have ever created

*stupid* forgot my webpage

Comment

• SChajin
      Major General

• Jan 2006

From the little that I have seen up, good start.
      Sharon Chajin

Comment

• Girlonthehill
        General

• Oct 2005

You've made a positive start but still have a fair way to go. I did find it a little flat. There was nothing to grab my attention and keep me interested. You need to work on that. Most of the links I tried sent me back to the home page. So, my friend, keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing some more.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• ELI
          Corporal

• Apr 2006

got a little bit more new stuff up and running. wondering about blogs.... is there anyway to have the blog inset into one of my other pages. like the top of the page would be normal info or advertising or whatever and the bottom half is the blog. or maybe put the blog in the middle of the page. just wondering. anyways thanks all. please critic and be honest. its the only way to learn.

Comment

• SChajin
            Major General

• Jan 2006

Your getting there! More work
            Sharon Chajin

Comment

• nick1346
              Major

• Jan 2006

Hello there,

First thing, most of us here are new to this so we are all on the steep learning curve! Having said that there are a lot of talented people on here who will go to a huge effort to help you (I've been utterly taken aback by the things people have done!), unfortunately I'm neither talented or a person. You've obviously got a clear idea of what you want, there's plenty of links and the idea is sound. Now with that clear idea in mind think a bit more about how it should look...... fade from one colour to the next, don't have sudden ***** contrasts in colour. Open up a page and create a custom colour as a background, make it shade of your favourite colour. Now add some text or a box and try to find a colour which 'works' with it to make it eye pleasing, get your wife to look at it as you create the colours, listen to what she says. Move your menu bar so that it occupies a definite space, bung it right across the top or down the side. One superb thing you've done is personalise it, there's your photo and a link to your blog, top marks! Move the more personal stuff to your blog, present a business image.

A good thing to do is look back through this forum and look at all the webpages that people have out on it and how they have come on, mine are still in the 'getting there' phase. Above all keep at it, it take's a lot of work (I'm rapidly finding that out, after all Ebay wasn't built in a day).
              Keep at it
              Cheers
              Nick

Comment

• Bethers
                Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

You've got a good start. The one thing I'd do right away is take off the "this site is still under construction" - as that will send most people on their way right away. Instead you might want to say something to the effect that you are always scouring for new and worthwhile information to share, so come back often because things will always be changing.

And, believe me, things really will always be changing if you want to keep it successful!
                Beth
                A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

• Maddog
                  Lieutenant Colonel

• May 2005

Very good start....looking forward to seeing more.
                  www.bluevodaexchangelink.com
                  BluevodaExchangeLink Help Center
                  Bluevodaexchangelink Forum

The only place for bluevoda site to be linked with!

Comment

• allstarfaces
                    Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

me to
                    The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
                    Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

• D.C
                      Sergeant

• Mar 2006

Interesting site, good idea with the blog entries as well.

And no, you don't look like a business man. lol
                      www.dichromatic.net

Comment

• racefan20
                        Major General

• Jul 2005

The only thing I'll add is that you have a misspelled word in your first paragraph - "Like most people looking to start thier own "work at home" business, I don't have much extra money to spend ".

It's a small thing, but it matters.
                        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

• Mariposa
                          Sergeant Major

• Apr 2006

Eli,
                          Great first start. Also, surf the web for other sites who sell the same things that you sell. Surf, and see what other sites you like, then look through the Voda resources at www.vodahost.com/library.htm. There you'll find templates, menu bars, bullets and arrows and so much more. It helped me so much, plus it was fun checking it all out.

Cindy
                          Cindy

www.countrydesigns.biz
                          www.countrydesigns.biz/400.shtml

Comment

Working...
                          X