my 1st website-please tell me what you think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my 1st website-please tell me what you think

Its the 1st thing i've ever done like this and i'm a complete beginner! Have a look, all feedback welcome. Thanks, Sally

www.solidwoodfurnitureuk.com

Re: my 1st website-please tell me what you think

very nice but a bit slow loading , try pix resizer for the pictures and maybe do a small pic of the item with a facility to clik on it to have a popup window with a bigger picture but must say looks good so far nice and fresh and i love the furniture, oh and you need to set the page size to 800 x 600 lentgh as there is a big blank area to the right , just before you publish change page size to above. hope i helped a little
    The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
    Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

just been on again and it loaded faster this time might of been me
      The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
      Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Hi Sally. Love it! Nice and simple, lovely use of colour - highlights your products nicely. The first page I linked to, kitchens I think, was really really wide for whay seemed like no reason. You may also want to think about resizing your photos. PixResizer is great or consider using the gallery feature in BV - which lets you have smaller images but people can click on them for an enlarged view. The loading speed wasn't too bad but I am on 2MB broadband. Dial up could be much slower. Apart from that - great. Well done.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

thanks for your help-all my pics have gone through pix resizer so i don't know what the prob is??
          as for the page size - they're all set correct on my page properties,saved and locked but still come up huge when viewed online so i'm stumped there too! any ideas?

Comment

its only the kitchen page where the pictures aren't on a 'click on the image to enlarge' thingy, all the other pages have them!

www.solidwoodfurnitureuk.com

Comment

Sally, Good work.

I hope you don't mind if I make some suggestions. Go through and check all your spacing and wording. You have some incomplete sentences and words running together. An example is: plywood,chipboard on the home page.

On the Gallery 2 page, clicking "Home" got me an error page.

I also suggest you figure out a name for those pages other than Gallery 1 and Gallery 2 - you've put the furniture into groupings. If you have to add more pages to give them names by groupings - I'd do so - right now Gallery 2 could be "Bedrooms". But then I know to head there if that's what I'm looking for!

I recommend you put your header from the home page on top of ALL pages - so people know what website they are on. When you are found by search engines - if someone searches for something on one of your pages, the search engine will often send them directly to that page. You want your name there. And it gives your website a uniform feel throughout.

You've also changed your navigation bar on each page. You're right, you don't need to have the page you're on - but people are used to it - and will look twice to find something when it changes position on them :)

I really, really like the mosaic hall table - wish I had space in my little rv for it!

Great job so far - and wonderful furniture!
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Sally,
                Great site which seems to be loading fine on my pcee,you have a fine range of furniture.Keep up the good work.
                regards
                Jay
                Jay
                www.orlandomouseworld.com

Comment

Working...
                X