I did it!! New sub domain up and Running!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • germansg
    Master Sergeant

• Feb 2006

I did it!! New sub domain up and Running!!

Hi everyone, Happy easter to you all!!! I am thrilled that I was able to figure out how to publish a sub domain. I have three pages published so far, more to come/ I would appreciate feedback, I hope you all enjoy what you see. Thanks to all who tried to gave good advice.

Cynthia
    germansg
    Dream Work2

Victorian Secrets
  • Girlonthehill
    General

• Oct 2005

Re: I did it!! New sub domain up and Running!!

Very nice page backgrounds but I found it made the black text difficult to read. Also on the home page the big black text went on and overran the little square icon at the foot of the page. Have you considered purchasing the domain name and adding as an add-on domain? You still have the site as a sub directory of your main one but it looks better to the outside world and gives you a definate image. If .com has gone you could consider .eu - just a thought for you. Well done on getting the technical stuff sorted - it does seem a bit daunting when you first start. Lol. I was scared to death of making mistakes and stuffing the system up. Lol. Very well done.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• limebrook1
      Brigadier General

• Jun 2005

Beautiful site, but I found that the background was a bit busy and the text not too easy to read.

Lovely idea.

Trish
      Trish
      www.Limebrook.com
      www.MountainWalk.co.uk
      www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
      www.TucsonForBeginners.com
      www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

• germansg
        Master Sergeant

• Feb 2006

Happy Easter to you, and thank you for the comments and suggestions. As far as seperate domain name goes, I would like to do that, but I can not afford to purchase a new Domain for very site I build. I have another Domain name I have not used as yet, but I just dont want to associate it with Victorian Secrets. I think for some reason that the Domain name does ot fit with my new sites title. I understand about the Text. I tried lighter text and found it hard to read, But, I will experiment a bit more, and would appreciate your input on the substitute text thatI I try. thanks again.

Cynthia
        germansg
        Dream Work2
        http://www.metoyu.com
        Victorian Secrets
        http://www.victoriansecrets.metoyu.com

Comment

Working...
        X