The new one is up!!! Please look!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new one is up!!! Please look!

My new site is up, please tell me what you think. It's far from finished (no forum, spirits, or recipes yet), but I wanted to get all of your sage advice and opinions.

http://www.theazfoodcritic.com/

I'm pretty excited about it - I finally get to pontificate all I want, just like the hubby swears I'm destined to do....I think I need to beat him with a dead carp.

I downloaded the eval version of Macromedia Flash, we'll see if I can get something done with it, I'm pretty clueless so far.

Cheers!
    Terri
    www.ice-tropic.com
    www.janebondtravel.com
    www.theazfoodcritic.com

Re: The new one is up!!! Please look!

Great job! I can't wait until you have some recipes and critiques up to read!
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Jane - It looks fantastic. Really really nice and very professional. Even like the font you've used. Lovely images (rumble rumble), nice colours and well written text. Stirling job Missus! I look forward to seeing the finished site. Well done as I know you've done this over the weekend too!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Well Terri (Ms. Jane),

Look at what you have been up to! It looks great and I can't wait until you get it done. Good job!
        Sharon Chajin

Comment

Very nice! Its clean and easy to navigate. the photos are very appetizing!
          I love the Food Network! iron chefs are fantastic!
          Good job on the site. Keep going on it - so far so good! The dark blue and the yellows work very well together!
          kate

Comment

This is going to be a great site when the slots are filled. The photos are especially good - detailed but able to load quickly. I found a spelling error in your Bio - para three - rediculous instead of ridiculous. I also would probably not use the term "**** shoot" for risky in a food site, but that's just personal.

Looking forward to more of this site. Very nice.

DDS
            Dave
            http://www.peacoatpress.com
            ddstiles@cox.net

Comment

Great site - I will certainly be taking a closer look as I may be visiting Arizona whilst I'm in the States.

Well done for another professional looking site!

Cheers
              Trish
              www.Limebrook.com
              www.MountainWalk.co.uk
              www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
              www.TucsonForBeginners.com
              www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Thanks all for the comments and feedback, I do have 3 reviews on some Mexican (in Mexico) written up, let me know if I need to change or add to the style. I'll be writing some for Phoenix today.

I tried to run everything through Word for spelling, look like I missed one though! Thanks Dave! I'll also change the **** shoot. haha - I didn't think of that.
                Terri
                www.ice-tropic.com
                www.janebondtravel.com
                www.theazfoodcritic.com

Comment

Originally posted by jane bond
                  Thanks all for the comments and feedback, I do have 3 reviews on some Mexican (in Mexico) written up, let me know if I need to change or add to the style. I'll be writing some for Phoenix today.

I tried to run everything through Word for spelling, look like I missed one though! Thanks Dave! I'll also change the **** shoot. haha - I didn't think of that.
                  lol...nice catch! It didnt faze me due to "shooting ****s" in Vegas (not that ive done that)...just seemed natural....
                  Jane maybe you should refer to a thread over in "chit chat" , the one about "ode to spell check" under "gotta have a little knowledge....lol
                  http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/vod...knowledge.html

Comment

WOW I'm hungry!!! Being a slightly drunken bloke I especially appreciate the spirits page, more photo's please...HAHA.

Can't wait to see some recipe's, I'm a bit of a dab hand in the kitchen myself.

Excellent site

Cheers
                    Nick

Comment

LOL Kate - I'll check it out.

I can't tell you how much I learned watching Iron Chef, like milk will kill fishy smell.

Nick - I'll get cracking on the spirits page, lots of beer and tequila, given the regions. I'll put up more photos too. Many were taken by us on trips and now that I've got a shiny new expensive digital camera, I'll take more.
                      Terri
                      www.ice-tropic.com
                      www.janebondtravel.com
                      www.theazfoodcritic.com

Comment

Few things:

1. Recipes page takes time to laod, I couldn't wait more.
                        2. Forum page is 404 error, unless you are working on it.

In general I like your arrangement, very nice Pics (makes me wanna order)

All the best!
                        jahnSELE

Comment

OK Nick - I've got a start on the spirits page, tell me what you think.

Also have the bio, Arizona, Mexico, and some Italian done. I'll keep going.

SChajin - haha, I've got you in my sights! I'm working on the research for a travel site which integrates my love of food.

I just checked the site on the hubby's laptop, it's not loading up right at all, the text is jammed together all over, any ideas?

Thanks
                          Terri
                          www.ice-tropic.com
                          www.janebondtravel.com
                          www.theazfoodcritic.com

Comment

Hi

Haha!!! it looks like mexico's the place to be, well looks like your having a good time!

What do i like to swig? good old english ale,
                            'Beer, beer we want more beer!'

oh well back to trying to my site work!

Comment

Working...
                            X