Appraisal forms -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appraisal forms -

Ok I know its taken a while...I had to take time to optimize my real life for a while! but while using some of your words and mine this is what Ive come up with...let me know if its clear and understandable..send me questions even if there are questions that come to mind...I also want to add a faqs page...but still working on putting that together!
    TIA!
    kate

http://kateart-cards.com/Appraisal%2...st%20Form.html

Oh yea...fill out my form...its cool..comes right to my email!..lol...ok..im just tired..lol..thanks for looking!

Re: Appraisal forms -

Kate - I like the site, it is really interesting. One question that comes to my mind is can you restore a scanned photo - e.g., if I had a picture here in the UK and scanned it across, would you be able to touch it up and send it back? This could be interesting to people in other countries. Your examples are really good and make me think of old pics I have!

Interesting google ads on your FAQ page at the moment - flying gadgets??? Where do they get that from? (Still I actually made the most money ever from my Limebrook site when I had mistakenly loaded up the home page of my walking site over the top of the Limebrook home page for a few hours - Google published climbing Kilimajaro ads for a couple of days and my hits flew up!)

One slight criticism, but it is probably just me and my ageing eyes. I found the white on black text a bit hard to read, and had to concentrate hard to get through it - if I was a casual visitor I might have gone to an easier to read site. Wonder if you could change the type of font to make it clearer? Probably personal preference, but it was a bit glary for me.

Anyway, well done, and if you start an email service I could well be interested!

Cheers
    Trish
    www.Limebrook.com
    www.MountainWalk.co.uk
    www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
    www.TucsonForBeginners.com
    www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Kate,

Well done on getting it finished, but do find myself agreeing with Trish about the white on black. Also found a tiny typo in first paragraph - approval with only one p. Apart from that it looks good.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Always a pleasant site to view: too many years in Cornish, NH looking across at Vermont, maybe.

Scanned photo restoring can be pretty time consuming but the ability to recover old photos is terrific. Trish's question about scanning and sending photos is interesting. Some of the one's I've worked on get in the multi thousand byte category and could take two days to download. However for one or two important picures I
        scanned them on an Epson Perfection 4490 Phot at max dpi and then repaired the pictures, saved the big files but did a "save as" to get a gif or jpeg for internet use. Scanner and printer have both got to be able to handle the max dpi to get the most out of any picture.

Great fun and - for you - I hope profitable.

DDS
        Dave
        http://www.peacoatpress.com
        ddstiles@cox.net

Comment

Trish -
          Yes I could work with your scanned photo. You would have to scan it at a minimum of 300dpi and save it uncompressed, preferably TIF (not jpg, jpeg). And then email it with instructions. My problem here is the size issue..thats why I didnt mention that option. Im afraid that bigger dogs will send this huge file (for little puppies like me on dial up!) that would take me most of the day to download! Then there is the return...so I was nervous about offering that..If you wanted to (no charges) we could try it on a photo of yours..It would give you a restored photo and me more exposure! The old photos are my Moms personal family photos..the pic with the 4 children are my mom,aunt,and two uncles..thats how I began to do all this is just trying to help her a bit.
          I cant seem to control what google puts up on ads. They do have some funny ones...lol..love your story, myself I had added one of my favorite poems written by Robert Frost, and wow did my hits soar from visitors looking for RF note cards!..lol..total blind helpful mistake!
          Oh i agree on the BNW issue..my eyes are awful! 47/reading glasses/and migranes! I personally hate it! but advice was to use that so I did..ill play a bit with it today and see what I can come up with..font is a good thought...let me know if you want to try the scan/email project test.
          Amanda -
          Ive corrected the typo...Im sure there are more..lol..I had a lady from link referal critisize my spelling and grammer!..told her back that she was preaching to the choir!...Ive while writing this have changed the color to a gray...
          Dave -
          Hey a "neighbor!". I love the avatar..reminds me of my long lost P-coat..loved that coat/calf length!...viva la memories!
          Yes, thats what worries me by having the scan/email service. As I am putting the trust in the customer to scan and save. Jpg isnt a good file to use as its compressed and doesnt have the information I need to properly correct. then there is again putting the work into the customers hand by printing it. Ive found in the past if there is any thing wrong with the photo....its MY fault!...so thats why I like to have total control over the scanning/restoration/and final printing...seems to be less questions that way...but If Trish wants a free restoral...maybe I can get some experience on the email side of things...I am worried about the 2 day download..lol...If you are in fact familiar with Vermont then you must know that my internet connection is via tin cup n string!
          You know? I maybe should ask VodaHost whats up with the pixelate photos on my site...Ive now re uploaded that photo and others 3 or 4 times...for some reason it keeps loosing its format while up..Im using the same format here with all the pics...but for a few they keep messin up on me...Ive again fixed it, but dont know for how long it will last! Whoo Hoo! the forms work...love it!..
          Thank you all for your time and effort its been a big help...

Comment

Hi Kate,

Have taken you up on your offer and have emailed you a bad condition photo. If you can work any magic great!

I think you have changed the font as it looks better this evening!

thanks again

Trish
            Trish
            www.Limebrook.com
            www.MountainWalk.co.uk
            www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Originally posted by limebrook1
              Hi Kate,

Have taken you up on your offer and have emailed you a bad condition photo. If you can work any magic great!

I think you have changed the font as it looks better this evening!

thanks again

Trish
              Very cool photo! I am going to have fun with this...I can see a bit of color but not much...it almost looks like he has a yellowish sweater? or is that the aged photo im seeing?
              Yes, I changed the color..I did have a silver blue as the color and it really WAS too much...so I replaced it with a grey...

Comment

yeah - I think it was yellow, but it was a very long time ago!

Cheers Kate

Surprising how much difference a little change makes isn't it? I didn't know what you had done, but something is definitely making it clearer!
                Trish
                www.Limebrook.com
                www.MountainWalk.co.uk
                www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Amazing isnt it? Thats why I love this type of work so much. You take something that looks to be thrown out and create something to treasure! the ole' trash n treasure thing!...One lady is still in tears from the photo I did of her mom..(at the bottom of my restoration page) That was the only photo that she had of her mom...so thats why I singled her out of the crowd...that work was from the heart not the pocket, as she didnt know Id done that, she only wanted the photo cleaned up and reprinted. She didnt know about the singel photo, it was a Xmas gift as she is my moms housekeeper and she does quite a bit for her. Ok..I could go on about the joy of restoration but others will be very bored reading this post!..lol
                  Im working diligently here and I think youll be suprised and hopefull pleased!

Comment

Can't wait Kate. The size of the gif was quite small in the end, and hopefully didn't take too long to download. If it works with this photo, maybe you could offer this service as long as you can limit the size.

I really appreciate this - THANKS
                    Trish
                    www.Limebrook.com
                    www.MountainWalk.co.uk
                    www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Ok trish check your email and let me know about what kind of quality you get back...Im not reall happy with the emailing as the photos arent large enough for me to work with. Thats just me. But there are snapshots that were cut with sissors and set in a wallet for years that I scanned and cleaned up, so it would depend i guess on what the customer wanted...let me know!

Comment

Morning Trish! Hey You dont look like a horse any more! You look great! Heres the before and after pics to have a look/see:

I have found when photos are posted they loose quite a bit. but they give the general idea! some forums are better and others.

Comment

AS I hope everyone can see Kate has done wonders with this 30 year old photo! It was literally fading away, and though it probably doesn't look much to other people is about the only pic I have of me and my Dad a couple of years before he died.

Kate - you can really bring pleasure to a lot of people if you restore pictures like this! My son now has a better idea of what his Grandad looked like!

And yeah, before anyone else says it I do still have virtually the same hair style!!

Many many thanks!
                          Trish
                          www.Limebrook.com
                          www.MountainWalk.co.uk
                          www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

awe - thanx Trish! by doing this for you Ive learned more about this type of work. The more I do it the more I learn and the one thing is the joy and peace it creates for people with thier treasured photos. My mom is still working with our geneology and needs photos restored so as for recognition and preservation..so thats how all this began. Im sure I have a ways to go, but Im enjoying the ride!

Comment

My hair is still the same too! well except for now I have bangs!

Comment

Working...
                              X