Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my first attempt

Hi all,
    Please take a look at my site. All comments welcome including bad ones. I need some feed back.
    Thanks.
    Dave

www.eleganceweddingcarhire.com
    Dave

Re: my first attempt

Hiya Dave,

Love the colours and the template, I do like the old fashioned script text but wonder if it's a little difficult to read. The welcome script in the top left is particularly hard to read. Beautiful photographs - the cars look amazing. The only other suggestion I would add would be to centre your pages in the browser (tick the box on page properties). Apart from that a lovely site, well done!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

You've done a great job. That script really goes well with the elegance you're looking for, but as Amanda said, it is hard to read in places. You might want to play with some other texts. Or maybe find two complimentary texts to be able to use one easier on the eyes for where the text is smaller.

Nice work.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks, I think your right about the text. I'm working on it now.
        I am struggling on the centering though, I cant find the propertys box to tick.
        Cheers
        Dave
        Dave

Comment

Right click on the background on your page and a box will come up - one of your options will be to center the page. You'll need to do this for each page.
          Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Dave,

Very good a superb start!
            I agree with everything Amanda says basically. A word of warning about the text, I had horrendous problems using different fonts, including the one your using I think (Edwardian script?). Not everyone will have it installed on there pc so when they click on your site their pc will replace that font with another script, the upshot is that it will look very different to what you intended. I put a question up about this a few days ago and got some good advice back, http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/add...other-pcs.html. I found the easiest thing to do was to change the script to a windows common font, Bethers gives a link on that thread which lists those fonts.
            Having said that I think you've done a great job,
            Cheers mate
            Nick

Comment

ok i have changed the font on the " how to book" page.
              How does it look now?
              i also ticked the box for centering but it doesn't look any different on my pc????

thanks again.
              dave
              Dave

Comment

Evening Dave,

The font is much easier to read, if on the rather HUGE side. Lol. It may look 'nicer' if it were a tad smaller. I don't know why but your page isn't centering still. You have made a lovely site and the little bits people feed back to you are to help you make the most of it.

Ps. I'm well impressed with your footy team - and am overjoyed that they have stayed in the Premiership in good style. Fingers crossed for Europe!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Again, Amanda is right on. The font is readable, but you can tame it down a bit :)

On that same area where it says to center - look at what it says for width of page - you need to change that to 800, or whatever the actual size is of your main page. Right now it is saying 1354 - therefore it can't center!
                  Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

Quite good. I agree with the others that the type is a bit over riding. It almost shouts when the image of elegance is better transmitted muted.

I wish you had been there years ago when I came of the Chelsea Registry to find a couple of beat up cars and almost but not quite English speaking drivers to wisk the wedding party away.

Best of luck

DS
                    Dave
                    http://www.peacoatpress.com
                    ddstiles@cox.net

Comment

well i think youve heard all good advice so i will say heed the advice from these lovely people who definitly know what they are saying and good luck with it looks amazing for your product just right , oh and if you ever feel the need to come to BV anonymous do its in the lounge area marked im happy for once oh and can you check out my site cos no one will tell me what its like ? thanks

http://www.allstarfaces.com
                      The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
                      Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

your site looks great to me. good luck and thanks
                        Dave

Comment

Thank you all. Your input has been a great help to me. Ithink i have done what was advised, please take 1 more look.
                          This is a great forum with great people.
                          oh,,,, Amanda, thanks for the comments about Wigan Athletic. Boy what a great season they have had.

Cheers
                          Dave
                          Dave

Comment

Dave it looks great but, sorry, I still think the font is little on the large size. Apart from that - perfect.

Also - at the top of the forum page you can go to your user cp. Edit your signature and add your url. Then each time you post your url will display at the bottom - like mine do. It's amazing how many people will follow these links to have a look at your site.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I agree with all the advise. I love the choice of colors, the actual pictures and the layout. I would just really really tone down the size of the fonts. If you have more pictures, I would use more of them, because it really gives a hint of sofistication to your site. Do you have any pictures of actual wedding parties you can use? Great Job!
                              Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Working...
                              X