Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Website. Comments/Suggestions Welcome.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First Website. Comments/Suggestions Welcome.

Mike,
    I'm not sure what might be wrong with the form. I built it myself in BlueVoda with action mailto:(my email address here) as described in the tutorial. I have tried filling out the form myself and submitting and it does email me the results as it should. Am I missing something and can you tell me more about what to search for in the forum and where to find it?
    Thanks,
    Shirley

Comment

Ah, it is much, much better. The daisies are no longer covering up your words. And the page is close to centered. The only thing that I see now that looks strange, is having your navigation on top and on the bottom running wider than your page.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks for that last look, Bethers. I wish I could see what you're seeing but everything is in its proper place on my screen. I'm afraid to keep working with something I can't see, so I think I'll stop here for now.
        Shirley

Comment

nice job, try deleting the nav bars and re-doing them that sometimes helps i found.apart from that it looks ok to me
          The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
          Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Shirley: Very nice site. I love the name and the items. I use IE and the only problem I see is the nav bars hanging over your blue border, specifically the word "Returns". You might also try closing the spaces in the nav bars a little and maybe that will help. Other than that, everything else shows up wonderfully. I haven't tried your order form or contact us, so I'll try that when I have more time. Great Job!!
            Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Hi Shirley - ok I've made a help page on my site and if you follow this link I've taken a screenshot for you (well, have joined two together). You will see what we are seeing and it may help you.
              http://www.girlonthehill.co.uk/girlo...help_page.html

I hope that helps you.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Amanda,
                You're a genius! I can finally see what everyone else is seeing. The real problem is the following text lines on my home page (and elsewhere) are not showing up in the font style (typeface) that I chose for them. I used "Freehand591 BT" for all of the following lines: Customer Login, Gifts By, Inspiring Hearts to Give, Top Menu Bar, Click Here..., Just a Few... Bottom Menu Bar. I guess not many people have that font on their computer? Since the left navigation bar shows well in "Scogin", maybe I should consider changing all the others to Scogin? Do you think this is my best bet, or is it possible to acquire a list of the "more usual" fonts on the average computer so I can make another choice for these lines? Also, when I'm all finished I'll let you know and could you make one last screen shot for me so I can be assured everything looks good?
                Thanks so much,
                Shirley

Comment

You need to realize that you chose a font that most people won't have installed on their computers - therefore it will be a problem (as you've noticed) for almost all your viewers. There is a thread on here somewhere where I gave a link to all the fonts that are user friendly. I recommend you search for it and pick one of those fonts.

Ah heck, just looked it up for you - here's the link: http://www.ampsoft.net/webdesign-l/WindowsMacFonts.html
                  Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

Beth,
                    You're all amazing. I had no idea a forum would offer such great help. Thanks a bunch.
                    Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by talltwelve
                      Mike,
                      I'm not sure what might be wrong with the form. I built it myself in BlueVoda with action mailto:(my email address here) as described in the tutorial. I have tried filling out the form myself and submitting and it does email me the results as it should. Am I missing something and can you tell me more about what to search for in the forum and where to find it?
                      Thanks,
                      Shirley
                      When I press on it, it automaticlly opens up my outlook express. I guess if this is what you want it to do than I guess you're done with it, but if you want it like a form to get your customer's name, phone, comments,etc. than you need to do it properly.

this link here is how i was able to do mine. It has a step by step. Very simple if you decide to do a form format.

Whatever you decide, Good luck with your site talltwelve

Mike
                      http://www.atexflooring.ca
                      http://www.newfloor.ca

Comment

oops, Pasting the link might help a bit

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/for...-question.html

Mike
                        http://www.atexflooring.ca
                        http://www.newfloor.ca

Comment

Shirley,
                          You're very welcome. There are lots of fonts out there I'd like to use also - but since we want everyone to see the pages the way they are meant to be seen - it's kind of important to use one that's widely accepted.

And I'm glad we solved why you were seeing something different than all the rest of us - and look how something so simple can cause such a mess!
                          Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Mike,
                            Thanks also for your suggestion for my form on the "Afghan" page. I followed your link and have reconfigured my Afghan page to follow to a confirmation page. Everything seems to be working properly. Information filled out by consumer arrives by email as it should.
                            Thanks,
                            Shirley

Comment

Hi Shirley,

It looks beautiful. Well done! I'm so pleased you were able to get sorted :o)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                              02036089024 / United Kingdom
                              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Amanda, I'm so glad you like the site. Another big thank you to everyone who responded with comments and helpful suggestions. I think all the kinks are out. I couldn't have done it without much needed encouragement and knowledge from all of you. Thanks so much.
                                Shirley

Comment

Working...
                                X