• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New website - what do you think?

Hi,
    would love some feedback on my website
    www.golfmindplay.com
    It would really only be of interest to golfers but I would appreciate any technical advice on how to smarten it up. This is my first attempt at building my own - very exciting.
    I appreciate the generaosity of all those members out there who have made previous recommendations - they are so helpful for us newbies.
    Cheers
    Tracy
    Outsmart your brain to play your best golf

Re: New website - what do you think?

Hi Tracy,
    Very good first attempt!!! The site has a very professional feel to it.

I do suggest that you go in and see what you have set for page width and get it down to the actual page width - then the pages will center on the page (which it looks like you clicked to do).

Some of your pages are set up higher on the page than others, so they aren't quite lining up when you change pages. You can easily fix that.

I also suggest you indent the sentences that carry over to another line on your home page text where you list everything. As it is now, it looks like each line should be able to be read on it's own. I think there's only one of them effected this way. Another option would be to bullet them.

You have a product that is universally wanted. I think your e-book can sell great for you internationally - when you have it.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by tracyt
      Hi,
      would love some feedback on my website
      www.golfmindplay.com
      It would really only be of interest to golfers but I would appreciate any technical advice on how to smarten it up. This is my first attempt at building my own - very exciting.
      I appreciate the generaosity of all those members out there who have made previous recommendations - they are so helpful for us newbies.
      Cheers
      Tracy
      The site looks very professional. You got of to a great start!......Do you cover the Uk? might help me hit the ball in a stright line lol
      www.bluevodaexchangelink.com
      BluevodaExchangeLink Help Center
      Bluevodaexchangelink Forum

The only place for bluevoda site to be linked with!

Comment

Thank you both for the feedback.
        I haven't been able to work out how to make bullets! Can you tell me where that option is.
        When you say get the actual page width - what do you mean, as everyone has a different sized screen so I'm not sure what the setting should be. I have now clicked centre on page - will that do the trick?
        Thanks again for your help.
        Cheers
        Tracy

Comment

Originally posted by tracyt
          Thank you both for the feedback.
          I haven't been able to work out how to make bullets! Can you tell me where that option is.
          When you say get the actual page width - what do you mean, as everyone has a different sized screen so I'm not sure what the setting should be. I have now clicked centre on page - will that do the trick?
          Thanks again for your help.
          Cheers
          Tracy
          Hi Tracy,

Nice job! Your seminars page is near enough dead centre. The others are a little bit off to the RH side. Also your seminars page has slipped down by a few pixels and left a white gap at the top.

Your site looks very professional and you should pat yourself on the back you've done a grand job.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

You need to make sure you have the width of each page set the same - it looks like yours is 800 - which will then fit all browser windows - and would then center in the middle of the page.

As to the page Amanda mentions being lower - you need to move it up that tad on your screen to be the same. One good way to make sure all pages have the same layout - is to use the cut and paste feature from the BV menu bar - not from edit or right clicking. If you cut the header, say, from one page using the copy feature in the tool bar - go to the new page and paste using that same feature - it will put it exactly in the same position on the page.

I forgot we don't have the bullet feature in our tool bars for BV - but you can add them via html if you want to put that text into an html element. If you want to do that, let me know and I'll get you the coding to use. But how you've indented that line now works fine, also.

You should be patting yourself on the back for such a great first site!
            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

^^Agreed, nice site, layouts good and all the fonts are clear, good work!
              www.dichromatic.net

Comment

Thank you all for your feedback it has been very helpful. I have added a form and thanks to Andy's tutorial it worked really well - good on ya! as we say down under.
                Beth - I would still like to know how to add bullets - I do use them alot in presentations - even have a cute golf ball bullet to use! Thank you. Thank you! This community forum is great!

Comment

To use your cute golf ball bullet - I'd do a table. Make the bullet side small - insert your golf ball in it - put the text in a larger box to the right. And that would really look good on your page. Make sure you set it to have no borders - and voila - you'll have your bulleted list.
                  Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

Many thanks Beth,
                    I'll give it a go.
                    Cheers
                    Tracy

Comment

I like the site and am amazed - repeatedly amazed - at how clever Bethers is at this. I might do another site just to get advice as good as as I've been reading.

I play golf with a man who does change to an old golf ball whenever there is a ravine or water ahead. Always sets him up for disaster. But, at 80, disasters get a lot smaller than they were when you were 30.

I think about the interview with Alex Wallenda of the flying Wallendas - the high wire "tight rope" walkers, He practices about 5 feet above the ground. The reporter wanted to know if he ever thought about the fact that the "real" wire was 1200 feet above ground. Alex replied, "The wire never changes". That's the thought to take onto the golf course.

Good luck with your site.

DDS
                      Dave
                      http://www.peacoatpress.com
                      ddstiles@cox.net

Comment

Nice site - would very much love to know how you made the contacts page - think it's going to take me a long time to get there...

one of the pages - think it was about us - the little golf ball has it's background colour interferring - possibly best on the same side as the other pages...

Looks great though

Marc Sanders

Marc Sanders

Currently working on: www.fakeitbikinistore.co.uk
                        Messenger: tealc_of_chulak********.com

My philosophy: keep your friends close, enemies closer.....!

Comment

Thanks for the great feedback - you are all such a great bunch!
                          To make the contact page I used the tutorial from one of the other members. Can't remeber - think it was Andy 123, but if you put in form pages under search it will appear in one of the other threads. For a non techo person like me the tutorial was great - I just followed it word by word line by line and voila!
                          Cheers
                          Tracy

Comment

Working...
                          X