Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• as promised !

Here we go Ladies

I made all the promised changes and hope it still looks good . Unfortunatly the 'blurbs' (or whatever you call it ) work just in IE . At least on my PC :)
    The problem with the capital and small letters mix up was the font that I used . There are obviously not many people out there that have all the newest fonts installed ,lol . The font that I used had just capital letters , so I could not see how it showed up on other computers . So thank you Dave for the hint , even though I think it looked much better with my 'Heracles' font . Pease let me know if you still like it or if I have to make more changes .

Michael
    http://www.michaelspokerwatch.com/Amazon.html

Re: as promised !

Hi Michael,

It looks great, good job.
    Sharon Chajin

Comment

Michael-
      Here we go ladies???

Very nice. One small question? How would I get a hold of you if, as a customer, I had a question? Not having a contact makes people very nervous when spending money.

Again- very nice job. You've spent a lot of time on it and it shows.

Andy (from the man category)
      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Thanks Sharon and Andy ,

I forgot about my email but got the mailbox on the main page now . I just hope it works . Can somebody check that out please ?

Michael
        www.michaelspokerwatch.com/Amazon.html

Comment

Michael,

I tried- but I am at work and their computer is not set up to use Outlook this way.

I will e-mail you via gmail to test your mail receiving.

Andy
          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

I clicked on your mail box. It gave me a outlook page to send you an email. Okay I am not that *****... where is the send button?
            -------------------------------------------
            Shelly

www.ohs****sagleidaho.com

Comment

Hi, a couple things.

If I'm going to buy online, the website has to have a complete mailing address, email address and phone number. I might even call the number to make sure at least a voice mail answers. I want to know that if something goes wrong I have options to reach the person.

These email boxes and forms are great additions to contact methods, but I certainly wouldn't use just that. You need to give people a feeling of security and trust.

Now, I know how to set up any computer I'm on to click on something like that and it opens in the email program I want, but as you just saw, people at work aren't given the option to change some settings on their computer, and may not want to use the one there. Be careful how much you limit people.

At least add an email address they can copy and paste and go to their own email program and write you.
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Maybe I'm just not smart enough but I really don't know what you all talk about . In association with amazon.com means that I'm an affiliate and not a reseller . I don't actually sell anything , I just direct people that are interested in certain books on the Amazon site . I do not even make any money with that . OK , that's a lie , I just made 82 cents because somebody bought two books through my link . I might start paying my house off now :) . About the mailbox problem .... I don't have Outlook , so I don't know what is wrong with that . If I click on the mailbox , my Incredimail opens so I guess it depends what email program you use . But I know for certain that Outlook has a send button . builing a website is a lot of fun for me and no business , this is why I still go to work every day and make a little money so I can afford my hobbies . Thanks for checking out my site ,

Michael ( mipeth@cox.net )

Comment

Hi mipeth
                  email works fine here brought my incredimail up to .
                  nice to see someone else using incredimail.
                  nice site you've got there do you do searchs for people or do you just piont them in the right direction.
                  reason i ask is that i have a book and dvd library on me site where people can read reviews and give reviews books and dvds all relating to the sites theme. it would be nice to send them to someone who might be able to find a book.
                  http://www.aliensanonymous.org/books_and_films.html

Comment

I think it looks great, Michael. Well done you and with a day job too! Lol.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                    02036089024 / United Kingdom
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Michael, sorry if I confused you. What I was saying is that lots of people don't get to decide what email program that opens on their computer - and it might open one they can't use. My old work program would open outlook with that - and I wouldn't have been allowed to send anything except work related emails from the program. And there are lots out there who never learn they can set up their computer to anything other than the default program that opens (usually outlook) and don't use outlook - and that pops up and is useless. That's why I suggested you add an email address also.

Your site looks good - and you've done some great things with it. I hope you get lots more of those 82 cent sales!
                      Beth
                      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                      SEO - The Basics

Comment

This is the reason why I don't like Bill Gates :) He might be a nice guy but if somebody trys to force me to use his products (Outlook,IE), he's not my friend any more , lol . I set up my PC not to use any of that **** ( sorry,Bill ) and it works a lot better now . But I understand that most people are not given a choice which programs they use , so I appreciate your comments . And Beth , you didn't confuse me . I just thought it was obvious that I'm actually just a middleman (kind off). If people don't want to go through the Amazon site to look for certain books (I understand that because it is time consuming and sometimes confusing on Amazon with millions of books to chose from) , just contact me and I'll find the right book including the reviews and send you the link . But like I said before , I'm not a reseller , you would still have to buy the book at Amazon . Actually if Amazon doesn't have the book you're looking for , I'll find it somewhere else . That is especially interesting if you don't live in the states . For people that want to do that on their own , I suggest 'Barnes & Nobles' and 'Books a Million' . Thanks again and don't be shy , ask me .

Michael

Comment

Michael: Nice job! I really like the explanations and even found the link to type my name in hieroglyphs. You've done an excellent job! Thanks for the education!

Cindy
                          Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Working...
                          X