Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madmermaids Scuba

Check it out www.madmermaids.com
    I started building this site thinking I would hand it over when it got too difficult for my poor brain.. Well thanks to the Blue Voda tools and support I have a finished product about 200 hours later!! Search engines have not found me yet does anybody know how long that takes after submission to them?
    John
    http://www.madmermaids.com

Re: Madmermaids Scuba

I looks very nice to me, I didn't check all of the links but what I did check everything worked well. Good Luck with your site.
    Sharon Chajin

Comment

SE's come to sites at their own speed. I will tell you - that submitting to them doesn't get the big ones there faster - what does is links to your stie from other places - like the one you just put in your message here. When they see these, they follow them. So, hopefully, you'll be found soon.

You've done a good job, but I suggest a few changes. On the home page, you have lots of sentences following each other without any punctuation - which means they can be read wrong - like Get the most out of diving Dive with the professtionals - I believe you need to use periods to make it clear.

Also, however you put your background in, when I go full screen, it starts repeating your name. I think you want to remove that.

I'm not sure why you put your links in the way you did - but my computer blocked all of them as pop-ups. I suggest you open them in a new window, not a pop-up window.

I also would rather see all your navigation buttons in the same place on each page. I had to look to find them on some pages - made navigating difficult for me - and I probably, as a potential customer, would have clicked off.

You've done a great job - a lot of hard work - now you just have to tweak.

Good luck.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Great looking Site Madmermaid,
        Not a great deal to say......
        all links working, in total, very professional.
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
        Newbies / Beginners Forum
        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

MadMermain-

Looks very nice. In my view- it appears that the page hugs to the left- did you center in browser? If you did make sure you width is 800.

Other than that minor thing- it is a really nice looking site!!

Andy
          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

What an awesome mermaid image. wow! All links worked but I felt kind of lost when I got to you shopping cart. It's probably just me, but your site looks great and I love the links to the scuba areas! Good Luck with your site!
            Cindy
            Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Sorry Everyone but I think that my pet peeve is no end to the page. Mermaid what I a refering to is showen at the bottom of this page as a blue bar with contacts in it and a powered by statement under it. I find that sites without some thing like that have my finger wanting to scroll furter down than the site goes.
              -------------------------------------------
              Shelly

www.ohs****sagleidaho.com

Comment

Originally posted by MadMermaid
                Check it out www.madmermaids.com
                I started building this site thinking I would hand it over when it got too difficult for my poor brain.. Well thanks to the Blue Voda tools and support I have a finished product about 200 hours later!! Search engines have not found me yet does anybody know how long that takes after submission to them?
                Very cool site! congrats!
                On the sourse page the black font is too dark in places and makes it difficult to read...
                Other than that all looks awsome to me!

Comment

Very nice, well done.

One thing I would have preferred,as Andy has already suggested, was to see your pages centred but I suppose this always just boils down to personal choice.

Mary

http://www.huntertheatrearts.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the feed back I've set my page widths to 800 which has improved the look no end. Thanks Bethers for your feedback my links to other sites are like that as it was the only way I could open a new window from the Go Menu which I wanted to use. Has any body else had problems with pop ups? and if so is there another way to open a new window from the Go Menu?
                    John
                    http://www.madmermaids.com

Comment

Try using/selecting "blank" as the "Target" when you add the hyperlink....(part of the drop menu of the dialog box)

And I am still struggling as to have all my sites centered.....sometimes, I think certain layouts look better locked-left. I guess it all depends on the overall design/function of the site.

Yours is great.....keep going!
                      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

If you want to use a Background image but dont want it to repeat in larger screens, place it in a table and lock the table in the top left corner of your BV screen and note the width of your table.
                        Go to page properties and change the width of your page to the same as the table width and click on centre in browser.

Now for the go menu to open as popup insert the following code as html changing where appropriate courtesy of Codelifters:

<script>
                        <!--
                        // (C) 2001 www.CodeLifter.com
                        // http://www.codelifter.com
                        // Free for all users, but leave in this header
                        var windowDoPop
                        function go(whichURL) {
                        windowDoPop=window.open(whichURL[whichURL.selectedIndex].value,'doPop','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,resizable=yes,width=350,height=300');
                        windowDoPop.focus();
                        }
                        //-->
                        </script>
                        <FORM>
                        <SELECT NAME="SelectURL" size="1" onChange="go(this.form.SelectURL.options)" style="font-family:'Verdana';color:#000000;background-color:#FFFFFF;font-size:7pt;">
                        <option value="URL">Name of option</option>
                        </SELECT>
                        </FORM>
                        <!-- End DropDown Popup Code //-->
                        Ruth

http://www.okose.com
                        Professional Web design/development and Graphic Design

Comment

Working...
                        X