• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Banker
    Sergeant

• Mar 2006

Tell me what you think

Please check out my site and let me know what you think>> good or bad. Its not complete yet but Im getting there slowly.
    Cheers Jessica
  • Lincslady
    Brigadier General

• Jan 2006

Re: Tell me what you think

Hi Jessica,

The men are gonna have fun studying this site lol ....lovely lingerie.. your site is looking good..only a couple of pages had a long sideways scroll, i was told to do my page width at 800 in page properties if thats any help ..also in the titles of each page the words seem to overlapp or is this deliberate? some prettier buttons to match your site would look better i think ...but thats just my opinion.

Well done tho, cant wait to see it when its all finished

Linda
    Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
    http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

• Banker
      Sergeant

• Mar 2006

Thanks Linkslady for your advice, I have brought the pages into 730 to 800. Do you have any ideas for better looking buttons? Im not sure what you mean by "also in the titles of each page the words seem to overlapp or is this deliberate?" Can you please explain as Im very slow!!!!!
      Thanks Jessica

Comment

• royb
        Major General

• Mar 2006

This is what she means, take a look here

http://www.plusplace.co.uk
        royb@plusplace.co.uk

Comment

• KJay_23
          Captain

• Jan 2006

I agree with Linda about prettier buttons, and the pink font was very hard on my eyes. lol

I also got an error page when I clicked on the "Silk Lingerie" button.

The plus side is, your site is reasonably quick loading on dial up (definately a plus!) and is easy to navigate.

Overall, you're off to a good start, and good luck. :)
          Kellie

Cozy Cabin Candles and Crafts
          http://www.ccabincandles.com

Comment

• SChajin
            Major General

• Jan 2006

I agree the bright pink hurts, yes there is some overlapping. All of the times we ourselves can't see it, that is why we count on these good people to tell us.
            Sharon Chajin

Comment

• zigzag
              Captain

• Apr 2006

Wow the front page is stunning. It is really an attention grabber. I like the buttons - they suit the page.
              I went straight to bras, but damn, it is under construction. Yes there is a page error for silk lingerie
              3 of the 4 pictures on the fron page look as they have been resized, rather than cropped. Try and avoid this as things will start to look a bit out of proportion.

Regards,
              Royden

www.harrow-art.com
              www.harrow.co.za

Comment

• Bethers
                Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Resizing isn't a problem if you keep proportions and are going smaller. Cropping, if done and keeping the same dimensions will lose quality. So both have their good and bad points.
                Beth
                A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

• Girlonthehill
                  General

• Oct 2005

Hi. I agree it looks stunning! Having recently lost my set of designer fonts I notice that the text is overlapping due to the use of non-web friendly fonts. Please click here and you will see what it looks like to those that don't have your fonts installed. Hope it helps you.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                  02036089024 / United Kingdom
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• gueorgui
                    Major

• Dec 2005

Jessica,

great business concept, and a site with huge potential:)

...some of the links dont work, you might need to check on this or you may know allready

Comment

• Andy128
                      Major General

• Dec 2005

Jessica,

Very nice and very eye catching. I did get initially slapped by my wife when she walked in to my office- but I assured her that the hour I spent previewing your site was to assist a friend of the BV family critique her site. She bought it.

Kidding aside- It looks great but I agree with the button comment. Also the page needs to be centered. Some text is over lapping.

I have been going Navigation button crazy lately. Click on the link below and I have created a special navigation button for you to preview and use if you like it.

If you do want to use it- follow the directions at the top of the page.

Good luck with all Jessica

Andy
                      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

• Banker
                        Sergeant

• Mar 2006

Thank you very much everyone to take the time to help me. The overlapping dosnt occur when I bring the page up on www. So what can I do to fix this?
                        The pink color text is hard on the eyes but I was waiting for comments on this before changing it. Any sugestions on what color to use for the text? Some of the links arnt working because I havnt done those pages yet.
                        Andy sorry you got into trouble with the little lady!!!!
                        The page you sent me with the navi bars the links dont work.
                        Im trying to keep the site as simple as possible because so many web sites put too much on them and become very confusing for the customer. Some sites I have seen will take 5 minutes for the home page to open and most people are in a hurry these days. Thus I want their shopping to be easy and enjoyable and push the point of "Good old fashioned service"
                        Thanks again everyone.
                        Jessica.

Comment

• allstarfaces
                          Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

hi ive just had a llook and its all overlapping at the top text try goin 800 x 600 then redo the text sizes and dont let the boxxes you write in overlap then set 800 x 600 again to be sure then test it at the top of the page to see what it looks like , oh and thanks for makin me smile today i appreciate it could do with toning it down a bit though for me its a bit ... well mmmmmm should i say seedy looking not in a realy bad way but underwera doesnt mean naughty ile shut up now
                          The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
                          Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

• allstarfaces
                            Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

there is a site on here selling bikinis that i realy like cos its fresh and light take a look
                            The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
                            Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

• Banker
                              Sergeant

• Mar 2006

Andy, Thank you for all of your help. I have only changed my home page as I have run out of time, I have put your navi bars on and changed the text color just for a test. I think the text color is somthing I will have to play around with.
                              Allstarfaces: I tried to look at the bikini site but I only got your page.
                              Is the text still over lapping? As I have changed it. Perhaps some of the problems maybe occuring because I use firefox instead of IE, on my computer its not showing any over lapp at all.
                              Jessica.

Comment

Working...
                              X