• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Girlonthehill
    General

• Oct 2005

Re: Tell me what you think

Originally posted by Banker
    Andy, Thank you for all of your help. I have only changed my home page as I have run out of time, I have put your navi bars on and changed the text color just for a test. I think the text color is somthing I will have to play around with.
    Allstarfaces: I tried to look at the bikini site but I only got your page.
    Is the text still over lapping? As I have changed it. Perhaps some of the problems maybe occuring because I use firefox instead of IE, on my computer its not showing any over lapp at all.
    Jessica.
    The text is still overlapping. This is because you are using a non-web-friendly font. If you change it to a web-friendly font I'm sure all the overlapping will disappear. (Do a forum search on web-friendly fonts to find a list of what's good and what's not.)

Home page nav bar and buttons look cool. It's a cool site :o)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Andy128
      Major General

• Dec 2005

Jessica-
      You are very welcome!
      I think those navigation bars go much better with your site (I am a little biased though)- we'll see what the troops have to say. The white lettering is fine. As Amanda has said- the letters still over lap but not as bad as before.

Take care and have a great weekend.

Andy
      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

• Bethers
        Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

I don't believe the overlapping is the font, as that looks to me like a friendly font (but I could be wrong) - I think you simply haven't got them placed correctly.

I have the overlap on all pages also - in both IE and Firefox. On your home page, your Please Bookmark this Page is right in the middle of your word Lingerie in your header. On the Baby Dolls page - the word Dolls in Baby Dolls runs through the L in Lingerie.

To talk another topic - you need to work on your page titles - and you are putting product numbers under each picture - which really would be better with good keyword rich text with product names instead. No one cares about the numbers and won't find you by them.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

• Girlonthehill
          General

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by Bethers
          I don't believe the overlapping is the font, as that looks to me like a friendly font (but I could be wrong) - I think you simply haven't got them placed correctly.

I have the overlap on all pages also - in both IE and Firefox. On your home page, your Please Bookmark this Page is right in the middle of your word Lingerie in your header. On the Baby Dolls page - the word Dolls in Baby Dolls runs through the L in Lingerie.

To talk another topic - you need to work on your page titles - and you are putting product numbers under each picture - which really would be better with good keyword rich text with product names instead. No one cares about the numbers and won't find you by them.
          I defer to Bethers, as always (lol), superior experience. Having just re-installed my font collection - I am still seeing the overlap. I'm viewing in SlimBrowser btw.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Banker
            Sergeant

• Mar 2006

I have just changed my font on Dior Lingerie, can someone please tell me if its still over lapping.
            This is great getting all this help from you kind folks, thanks again.
            Jessica.

Comment

• Andy128
              Major General

• Dec 2005

Greetings Jessica,

There is no over lapping but the Size looks small in comparision to the
              page. Try making it bigger and make sure to bring back in the right edge of the text box so that it is not hanging way out there. Sometimes it can cause problems if it is not drawn back closer to the text.

here is as screen shot of what I see:

Andy
              PHP- is a blast!

Comment

• Bethers
                Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Yep, you solved the problem on the home page - but what it was overlapping isn't even there anymore :) - I liked the other header better - but I think the problem was you had it too big, so it was going onto a 2nd line. If you would resize it to fit the space you wanted it in, it should work.
                Beth
                A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                X