Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Made some changes tell me what you think!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made some changes tell me what you think!

I have had some great feedback and made some changes so would value some more feedback. Thanks
    Tracy
    www.golfmindplay.com
    Outsmart your brain to play your best golf

Re: Made some changes tell me what you think!

Tracy, Maybe my memories going, but didn't the header before say Golf Mind Play - not just Mind Play? I prefer it having all so people will more easily remember your url.

I like the pages and layout. However, the pages are not all centered the same on their respective pages. I'm going to guess you need to go back and make them all the same width and republish. It will give a much more polished and professional look when clicking to go from page to page.

It's also a must that you go in and change your page titles to reflect the top keywords for THAT page - they shouldn't all be the same or all just be your name. If you want your name in there, it should really follow - maybe for your home page this: Play Better Golf with Golf Mind Play. Now, I did not do keyword research, which you really should do first - but this would be better even without the research.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

what can I say......professional looking site!

Comment

Tracy: Just a few nit picky things. Your mouse over color on your home button and your coaches button are different colors than your others. On your about us page....I read through that and it struck me that it would be nice if it was in the 1st person, meaning you were writing about yourself in lieu of making it sound like someone else was writing about you. I think it would show a more personal touch and bring out the obvious skills and enthusiasm you have for what you do. You have accomplished a lot and want others to be able to do the same. I just think it would have more impact to read it in your own words. Just a thought... Site looks great. I'm with Bethers in that I think "GOLF" should be in your header. Good Luck!!
        Cindy
        Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Hi Bethers & others thatnks for the feedback. What do you mean by "change your page titles to reflect the top keywords for THAT page " when I go into page properties is that where you mean?
          I'll add golf into the heading.
          When I stretch the template it changes the size and I can't seem to control that - got any ideas?
          Thanks
          Tracy

Comment

Hi Tracy,

On each page, if you right click and go into properties, you entered a title - that is what shows in the top blue bar in your browser window. I just looked up keywords for golf help and saw a couple big ones (which I suggest you use on your home page) are golf training aid and golf instruction. So I could see a good title for your home page being something like "Golf training aid | Golf instruction from Golf Mind Play". You need to have a title for each page and each page title should reflect the page and be using keywords that people will be searching for you with.

You shouldn't be needing to ever stretch the template width-wise - and stretching it lengthwise shouldn't change the width. There is the possibility that when you work on pages, you "set" something outside the set page width. That will change the width, even if you move it after. So then you have to right click and go in and change the width back. If all of them have the same set width and are centered, they will keep the necessary consistency.

Hope I helped here.
            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Beth: When you put the keywords in the title can you use other symbols? I notice you have a vertical line in between key words. My keyboard doesn't have a vertical line? So can you use @ or *, etc.?
              Cindy Smentowski

Comment

I guess I'm steering away from golf training aid and golf instruction because it is not about the technique/mechanics of golf but the mental side of it. DO you think that matters? I suppose if people are looking for help with their golf it doens' matter what shape its in!
                Also how do I get the signature biton the bottom of my threads? I thought I had it in my profile but it doesn't seem to hold.

Comment

Tracy: Go to the top of this page and click on user cp and so into edit signature. There you can type it in.

What Beth is saying, is that simply you want your title bar to contain words that describe what it is you are offering so that when people are searching, they will find you and your website. I would suggest you use Blue Voda's keyword digger and search for words that do describe what you do. Once you come up with those words, then put them in your title bar under page properties for each page. Take a look at mine or Beth's site and look at the title bar on each page and see how it changes based on the content in that page. Have Fun!!
                  Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Tracy: Here is a thought. I brought up MSN search engine and searched the internet for Mind over Matter Golf. The main site that keeps coming up time and time again has keywords in the title bar such as: "Mind Training for Golf", "Mental training tips and golf psychology", "Mental training for Golf", A Mental training golf instruction site with free tips on golf improvement including relaxation", etc. Hope this helps as an explanation!
                    Cindy
                    Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Cindy, that's great research, but also dangerous without following through and finding out if it does any good to come up high in those searches. I just checked - and last month NO ONE searched for ANY of those phrases - which means they come up high on them, but don't get any clicks or customers from them.

Tracy, If the phrases I gave you don't work for your site, then you need to research more. I did pick them because they ARE what people are using to search for. If you can hone them to fit your site, then you will have visitors who are looking for what you offer. That is the key. And, no, you don't want to use them if they don't fit but I think those both do somewhat fit - and you are offering help - just of a different fashion, and maybe something new that they would like.

We can come up number one on search engines - but coming up in the top rankings for words/phrases that people are searching for is the key.
                      Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks for the info Beth. I learn something everyday from you!! And great point you make in your last sentence above!!
                        Cindy
                        Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Originally posted by Floor Lady
                          Thanks for the info Beth. I learn something everyday from you!! And great point you make in your last sentence above!!
                          Cindy
                          Thanks, Cindy.

Believe me, I've been happy one too many times finding myself way up on a search term - then looked and found no one ever used it. On the other hand - some of those terms, if you can get them without hurting optimizing for ones people ARE searching for - are good to have - just cuz when and if anyone DOES search for it - you'll be right there and have just what they need.
                          Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Beth,
                            how do you search for what people are searching for?? Thanks for your continued guidance.
                            Cindy, thank you to for your help.
                            Cheers
                            Tracy

Comment

Good question Tracy:

Yes Beth, how do you search for what people are searching for??
                              Have fun
                              Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                              Newbies / Beginners Forum
                              FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                              My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                              Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Working...
                              X