LGD Design Innovations
    www.lgddesign.com
    david.bennett@lgddesign.com

Comment

• lkcheng
      Corporal

• Apr 2006

Re: Updated site, please respond

Just enter your site as a visitor, everthing look ok to me except the width of the site is too long.
      Make Money Online
      Tips - Reduce Monthly Debt Payment

Comment

• Dream Lady
        Major General

• Feb 2006

Looking Good David. Just a quick comment. On your home page when you mouse over "inventors" and the drop down menu happens, it crosses over the burgandy line you have, making it somewhat difficult to read. Your site has come a long way since I first saw it.
        Cindy
        Cindy Smentowski

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Dave-

You've leap-frogged quite a distance!

A couple of things I noticed might speed you on your way....

A. You might want to re-consider some of the fonts you are using (which may not be read properly if not loaded onto viewer's systems - most aren't, you know). Arial, Verdana, Comic, Times, and Courrier are universally read and not replaced. (I can't tell about your fonts, personally, as my system is loaded with more than 2000, but I remember my surpirse when I saw an initial page of mine on someone's laptop, and how my simple font reverted to TimesRoman!) If you feel this is important to your overall look, consider making "buttons" or "image heads" out of them in Publisher or Paint, cropping them, and inserting them as images hyperlinked to your pages.

B. Take a close look at all of your "borders" and how they should be locked tightly, square to each other. This is a simple fix, and can be done by small adjusting, previewing, and adjusting more, previewing, etc.

C. Less is more, so I suggest putting all of your legal disclaimers onto a "Legal" or "Policy" page of it's own, and let "Copyright (C) 2006 LGD Design Innovations All Rights Reserved" remain at the bottom somewhere in small but legible lettering. Especially if you are planning to implement a shopping cart, but even if only because you invite a transactional posture by suggesting affiliate stores, you may wish to also list a "Privacy Policy" which can be part of that "Legal" page, but spearately listed and linked.

D. If you are going to list affiliates in the right margin, let your visitors know that's the plan: maybe you could create an "Affiliates" heading, or even a more creative "Shopping Suggestions" ???

E. Small things, like pulling your blue vertical line back down below the logo header...

F. And, I agree with Lt. Lady....your use of Drop-downs in sections with incongruent font and headers/titles is confusing....either all the same font as indented index or maybe another utility?

You have a lot to share with your visitors, and the easier you make it for them to see and find all you have to offer, the more likely they will return again and again, having been established as a trusted resource!

Style is important when designing a website, but websites are all about function: they must do what they are both expected to do and what you intend them to do. Think about providing visitors with a clear path to walk in your house....wouldn't a map or "index" make sense for them to determine how to accomplish their trek? Main Pages, Splash Pages, Home Pages - whatever you want to call them - are basically glorified 'index' pages....like the beginning of a book. Hmmm... That's where style begins!

Don't be afraid of creating pages devoted to specific items or content.....your Voda account can handle more than you'd probably care to create. The main page is all about creating a first impression, and the ability of visitors to navigate unfettered. You just have to show them how!

You are certainly doing a great job with BV....yours is a great undertaking, one you will be very proud of when done! You are quickly accomplishing just that!

Carry on, Corporal!
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Lgddesign01
            First Sergeant

• May 2006

Thanks for all the tips and support. I have made changes again with most of all the comments from everyone. This is an excellent resource. Thank you again and please add your comments they are valuable.
            David
            David B
            LGD Design Innovations
            www.lgddesign.com

Comment

• Lgddesign01
              First Sergeant

• May 2006

I have made some hopefully last changes. Please give me some feedback. I am still developing more pages, but I am looking at format and content. Any feedback is appreciated.
              Dave
              David B
              LGD Design Innovations
              www.lgddesign.com

Comment

• Lgddesign01
                First Sergeant

• May 2006

Re: Updated site again, please help me with feedback!!!!

I have made some changes hopefully for the last time. I wont know until I get some feedback. Please someone tell me something.
                Dave
                David B
                LGD Design Innovations
                www.lgddesign.com

Comment

• Dream Lady
                  Major General

• Feb 2006

David: I see you have added some content, but still the basic design, which is great. If I were you, I'd have your navigation bar consistent on all your pages with the same info. I found myself looking up and down your nav bar, not able to navigate easily. On your Venture Capital page, you have a typo (Defininition of Venture Capital), The words Venture Capital appears several times before the definition. When I click on entrepreneur or Inventor, I'm taken to a contract page. I would move the google search bar over to the right with your other links instead of right below your logo in your header.

Anyway, a little more tweaking you and you may have it where you want it.
                  Cindy Smentowski

Comment

• SChajin
                    Major General

• Jan 2006

Hi david,

As they said you are getting there, what is this about investors? For inventors?
                    Sharon Chajin

Comment

• kassi59
                      Major General

• Nov 2005

For me the header is too big... Its confusing..At first glance it doesnt give me the idea of what the site is about.I couldnt read the second line at the top as it was overlapping.
                      What about something like this:

Comment

• circuspet.com
                        Brigadier General

• Feb 2006

I think you spent too much space on your index with things that should have been linked to an about us html page. I might have never read your add except to critique. However having read your add I see we may have future business together. Please check out my site and hold nothing back.http://www.circuspet.com

Comment

• Lgddesign01
                          First Sergeant

• May 2006

circuspet.com,
                          The color was confusing. From the main page I dont know what it is you do. It appears your site is under construction when you first read it. Although it does leave you wondering "what else" but that is a fifty/fifty chance. You should put something in the empty space to the right. Your on the right track, looks good.
                          David
                          David B
                          LGD Design Innovations
                          www.lgddesign.com

Comment

• Lgddesign01
                            First Sergeant

• May 2006

kassi59,

I think so too, but when you use a template it makes it larger as you make your page longer. There really is no way to win. I actually had it bigger in the beginning, but that did not go over too well. Thanks for the input and I am considering changing the template.
                            Daid
                            David B
                            LGD Design Innovations
                            www.lgddesign.com

Comment

• Lgddesign01
                              First Sergeant

• May 2006

Floor Lady,
                              Once again well noted. You have been there from the beginning and I am greatful. I will look at the page tonight, thank you. The problem with the formatting is I only have two hours each night to make chanes and add pages. I still have 6 to 7 more pages to complete, including the two that take you to contracts. I will make more changes and add more content tonight. Thanks again your the greatist!
                              David
                              David B
                              LGD Design Innovations
                              www.lgddesign.com

Comment

• Lgddesign01
                                First Sergeant

• May 2006

SChajin,
                                We have investment opprrtunities for investors with products we design. We also have investment opportunities for inventors' products as well. Those pages are not developed yet, but I am working on it now. Our pet design is on the auction block. We do not want to manufacture products.
                                David
                                David B
                                LGD Design Innovations
                                www.lgddesign.com

Comment

Working...
                                X