NEW TO WEBDESIGN. Bluevoda made this easy for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW TO WEBDESIGN. Bluevoda made this easy for me

This is the first web site I have designed. I have spent hours working on it. The site still is not complete. I'll get there some day. I am a fitness Coordinator at a YMCA. We needed a site so I volunteered to do it. I am glad I did. I've learned alot. I am hoping to design a few more sites in the future.
    check it out, let me know what you think
    www.unioncountyymca.org

Re: NEW TO WEBDESIGN. Bluevoda made this easy for me

That site's excellent for a first try mate. Lots of detail and well detailed.
    Agreed with your thoughts on Bluevoda, I found it a lot easier to use than Frontpage.
    www.dichromatic.net

Comment

I think it's a fantastic site! Absolutely well done!!! Fun isn't it? I'm working on my seventh!! Lol.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Ade-

Very nice job. You can tell you put a lot of thought and hard work into it.

Keep up the great work.

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Absolutely great job -

But - your blue line down the right on the General Information page - it is going through the word COMMUNITIES on the bottom.

On the home page - "Welcome" is going right through the word "communities".
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Ade,

Lovely job!...I didnt go through all your pages but i did notice on the ones i did go through that the page width makes for a big sideways scroll if you set these to 800 it should fix that and like Bethers said .. your welcome sign font is a little big it covers up the word communities.... but well done ..what a great site!

Linda
            Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
            http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

Thank you everyone. I really enjoy creating this site and keeping it up to date. Thanks for your suggestions and comments. Please keep responding. I love to hear what people think and how I can make my site better.
              Thanks,
              Adrienne

Comment

Great job, it has a lot of info on it.
                Sharon Chajin

Comment

Your site is looking very nice... keep up the good work!

Shirley
                  www.giftsbygoldenthread.com

Comment

Your site is looking Great! Just a few clean up issues...as mentioned above. You still have some overlapping occurring. Also on your home page your date is black on a dark background. I think I would go white with the date, as you can't hardly see it. Sorry, haven't gone through all of your pages, but will try and get back to them. Keep up the good work!
                    Cindy Smentowski

Comment

congratulations, you have done a good job.

Comment

I have a question if someone wouldn't mind helping me out. Floor Lady...you mentioned I have the date on dark background so it is hard to see it. Actually there is suppose to be a white line at the top under the date. Sometimes when I check the site I also notice the white line is gone or sometimes the colors are wrong. Does anyone know why this happes and what I can do to prevent this?

Comment

Hi Ade: Actually, I don't see a white line under the date, as I barely see the date right below your header since it is black. If there is a white line, it may be covered up by your navigation bar below the date. I am using IE6 for a browser and everytime I have accessed your site, it looks the same to me. Maybe someone else will be able to help you with your question. I notice your pages aren't centered, and you may want to do that as well on all of the pages (look under page properties).
                          Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Ade, I thought you did an excellent job. I am where you are; working on mine. One suggestion, the red font text box on the blue is difficult to read. Maybe move the Welcome over to the right and reduce one notch. And the Today's Date, maybe white font instead of black? This is all fine-tuning.

A lot of thought has gone into this site, I can see. Good work! We're all here to learn, and I'm impressed with the support...
                            http://www.rogerwrapit.com

Comment

A lot of hard work and creativity went into that! You should feel really good about it....especially because you said you're new at it! Congratulations!

Comment

Working...
                              X