Check It Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check It Out

Hi, I am new with Blue Voda and I just made my first site. It is for underground hip-hop artists. Tell me what you think, also does anyone know how to make it so those "would you like to run activex" things not popup

Re: Check It Out

Originally posted by petey77
    Hi, I am new with Blue Voda and I just made my first site. It is for underground hip-hop artists. Tell me what you think, also does anyone know how to make it so those "would you like to run activex" things not popup
    Hi, Petey.

Please will you post your URL so we can take a look for you? Thanks.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

oooooooooo I'm sory (-: blazinunderground.com

Comment

Those active x things as you called them - will only pop up when you are previewing - you won't see those with the live site. That's a protection your own puter has.

As for your site - it is so wide it won't fit on my window - and I've got my full screen window at 1280. You really need to go back and make a realistic width - 800 if you want everyone to be able to see it without scrolling right to left - I recommend no more than 1000.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Petey!
          I like the feel of it, very cool. Nice fitting design. However it is way too wide. Most viewers, myself included, hate to have to scroll sideways. There is over a third of each of your pages out of sight. I think it would look better and provide a better viewing experience for your users if your brought the width into around the 1000px mark. That's the biggy and it's important. I also noticed that, for some reason, the titles on your navigation bar are not lined up - they sort of go downhill to the right.

Other than the above, at this stage, I think you've done a good job, I look forward to seeing a little more as you get the additonal pages finished. Well done and good luck.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

How do I resize the pages, do I have to resize each seperate shape? o ya and thank you guys for all of the coments

Comment

How do I resize the pages, do I have to resize each seperate shape?
              Hi!
              My advice would be to make a box with the shape tool. Drag and shape it until it's a long, thin vertical line. Place it at the 1000 px mark on your page (the position is shown on bottom right corner of your BV screen). This will act as your marker for your page width and you can delete it right at the end, when you are happy and ready to publish.

Now re-arrange your page items so that they fit nicely within your new boundaries - you may have to re-size some aspects but not all.

When you are happy with the layout, remove the temporary vertical line and double click on your page background. Go to page properties and set your page width to 1000 px.

Save your page and publish.

Hope that helps you, but if you have any questions - post in the appropriate forum and someone will help you. Good luck.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

How do I resize the pages, do I have to resize each seperate shape? o ya and thank you guys for all of the coments

Hi Petey,

This is what i do, go to layout in Bv at the top of your BV screen next to tools..then scroll down to guide settings..then click on show guide borders ..set to 800 ....i also set the "show grid " to that way its easier to get things lined up ..or whatever ...done.

You will have a dotted line down the right hand of your screen, this is your guide, if you keep inside or on this line your width will be fine ...hope that helps

Linda
                Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
                http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

Also check some of pictures are overlying text boxes, especially in .....viewall.html page.

All the best.
                  jahnSELE

Comment

Thank you guys for your help I work on that stuff

Comment

Working...
                    X