Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weary

Hi All,

I think I'm there at last (touches wood even though I'm not superstitous), I've got the forms sorted out (fingers crossed) and I've spent the last week learning about google maps which I'm going to put in for those who want them (I've put a couple up). I've had a bit of interest of people who want pages, but before I start putting there details/pages up I wanted to throw it to the wolves! The frontpage is temporary, it will have more on it soon, let me know what you think. www.yourlocal.org.uk/demo.html
    Cheers
    Nick

Re: Weary

Originally posted by nick1346
    Hi All,

I think I'm there at last (touches wood even though I'm not superstitous), I've got the forms sorted out (fingers crossed) and I've spent the last week learning about google maps which I'm going to put in for those who want them (I've put a couple up). I've had a bit of interest of people who want pages, but before I start putting there details/pages up I wanted to throw it to the wolves! The frontpage is temporary, it will have more on it soon, let me know what you think. www.yourlocal.org.uk/demo.html
    Cheers
    Nick
    Just turn around a minute.... [pat, pat pat]. Well done Nick! I know you have swam the channel whilst building this! It looks great! Well done, my friend!!

I tried all links - they worked. The forms look great, all the navigation worked seamlessly. It's so easy on the eye. Great job well done! Good luck. Would you like me to fill a form in? I tried. I entered my correct email address but it kept asking for it even though it was there (?). Sorry Nick! Also - tip for you - put a 'back' button on the error page: In BV, >insert>form>advanced button> You can edit the colours and text by double clicking. Then in properties give it a name, set it to 'on-click' and to go to previous page. Hope this has helped some Nick and I'm sorry, again, about the form. Any help - just shout.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Nick-
      Very nice. You've put a lot of work into it and it looks just great. Great idea by the way. I hope it pays off for you.

I sent a test response to your contact page. Which consisted of Test in the name and Test in the comments( on the sign up Form)- so it didn't give me an error message of any kind.

Again- very nice job.

Andy
      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy128
        Nick-
        Very nice. You've put a lot of work into it and it looks just great. Great idea by the way. I hope it pays off for you.

I sent a test response to your contact page. Which consisted of Test in the name and Test in the comments( on the sign up Form)- so it didn't give me an error message of any kind.

Again- very nice job.

Andy
        Thanks Andy I got that, at least something works!

Comment

Nick -- looks great! I cant drive on the left side of the road..so Id need to be taught!..
          On the local "Nick" page...Its hard to read..maybe a different lighter color than blue would be better...I think it says "driving instructor"...Wow. thats really strange I cant read the wording around the google map either...maybe its my browser, I dont know...
          Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Girlonthehill
            Just turn around a minute.... [pat, pat pat]. Well done Nick! I know you have swam the channel whilst building this! It looks great! Well done, my friend!!

I tried all links - they worked. The forms look great, all the navigation worked seamlessly. It's so easy on the eye. Great job well done! Good luck. Would you like me to fill a form in? I tried. I entered my correct email address but it kept asking for it even though it was there (?). Sorry Nick! Also - tip for you - put a 'back' button on the error page: In BV, >insert>form>advanced button> You can edit the colours and text by double clicking. Then in properties give it a name, set it to 'on-click' and to go to previous page. Hope this has helped some Nick and I'm sorry, again, about the form. Any help - just shout.
            A pat on the back! I'm blushing! Was it the big form or the little form giving you the problem? Thanks for the tip I'll have a go in a minute.
            Nick

Comment

Nick, have just tried again - still no joy. It could be my browser, mate. If everyone else is fine, then it could be SlimBrowser. I'll try in another.

The BIG one!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by Girlonthehill
                Nick, have just tried again - still no joy. It could be my browser, mate. If everyone else is fine, then it could be SlimBrowser. I'll try in another.

The BIG one!
                Try it in IE6 if you've got it, it may also have been me very stupidly forgetting to upload one of the error pages for the photo fields! You have permission to deliver a swift kick in my general direction....
                Nick

Comment

Originally posted by nick1346
                  Try it in IE6 if you've got it, it may also have been me very stupidly forgetting to upload one of the error pages for the photo fields! You have permission to deliver a swift kick in my general direction....
                  Nick
                  I think the error was with SlimBrowser. I have just entered the identical data through IE and it worked like a charm. Good stuff!!

Take no notice of the rubbish I have sent you! Lol.

Seriously - I think you've done a top job on this site, Nick. I know how hard you have worked and it shows! Be proud.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

many thanks Amanda i got the submission, be afraid of the little men! it's good to get good feedback, I seem to have been at this for ever and ever and ever! I'll have to get slimbrowser and have a nose.

Cheers
                    Nick

Comment

Originally posted by kassi59
                      Nick -- looks great! I cant drive on the left side of the road..so Id need to be taught!..
                      On the local "Nick" page...Its hard to read..maybe a different lighter color than blue would be better...I think it says "driving instructor"...Wow. thats really strange I cant read the wording around the google map either...maybe its my browser, I dont know...
                      Good luck!
                      Hi Kate
                      My life in the car seems to be 'keep away from the center line, no not on the pavement, the speed limit is 30 not 130, thats a brake please use it no really use it, now, NOW BEFORE WE CRASH!@*!£$@!!!!!!!!!"
                      I've noticed when I'm tired that it gets difficult to see, so as come to update the pages I'll lighten the background colour, that should work.
                      Nick

Comment

This site is great and I love the idea of it - I think you should be able to be very successful with the type of businesses you are targeting. I love the way you put it together and wish you great success.
                        Beth
                        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Very good, easy and interesting. Welll done.
                          Being a bit tired tonight, enjoyed running your videos backward just to see how well the bowmen were at catching those flying arrows. Never missed - not once! Bravo!

DDS
                          Dave
                          http://www.peacoatpress.com
                          ddstiles@cox.net

Comment

Nick: What a great idea. Everything worked great and no problems viewing. Good Luck with your site!
                            Cindy
                            Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Hi Nick,

Great site and so easy to use and useful for you community. I might hae been one of those students years back...of course here in JA it would be 'no don't follow the crazy taxi driver', or 'go left, go left...avoid the herd of crossing goats'...lol. My favorite site is still you archery sight and good article by the way...good research for one of my books.

Latah'
                              Bzz
                              Beezz
                              sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X