Private

• May 2006

Suggestions Please!

• Girlonthehill
    General

• Oct 2005

Re: Suggestions Please!

Originally posted by pulpfriction
    Congratulations on publishing your site. It has a good feel to it. There are a couple of things though. Your home page looks really strange and much of it can't be read. Have a look here and you will see what I mean - (It's my help page - I took a screen shot of your page) - http://www.girlonthehill.co.uk/help.html I think it may be due to you using a non web friendly font. All your links worked well except photographs - I got a 404 error. You need to centre your pages too. I like your page transitions and the colours. Nice work.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Lincslady
      Brigadier General

• Jan 2006

Hi,

I think your main pulp friction title is to big as it covers up a lot of the text below it like Amanda said...i also noticed on some pages you have two buttons that say "about us". I personally dont like the grey coloured banner at the top makes it look dull ...but the other colours are great! apart from those small things ....nice job.

Linda
      Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
      http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

• Dream Lady
        Major General

• Feb 2006

Congratulations on your new site! You've done very well in my opinion. Funny...I'm not having the same problem as Amanda and Linda with regards to your title overlapping into text. I am using IE6 and of course I have LOTS of fonts loaded on my machine, so that could be why. Everything looks good, all of your links work, your animations work, however Linda is right in that you have "About Us" listed several times on some of the pages. Your home page isn't centered like your other pages. Other than those few nit picky things, you've done a great job! You might want to consider a copyright on each of your pages as well. Good Luck with the Band
        Cindy
        Cindy Smentowski

Comment

• Bethers
          Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

I'm not having that problem either - and I like the feel of the site. I do think you need to make sure you have the width of all pages set the same - and that you have all checked to center or not - whichever you choose - but you want them all the same.

Good job so far - and, yes, find out if it's the font, etc that causes some not to see it correctly - as that is very important.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

• Andy128
            Major General

• Dec 2005

IE6- Lots of overlaping of text. Other than that -it looks really nice.
            Take a look;

Andy
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

• besthotelscanada.com
              Sergeant

• May 2006

Actually, I just have a question- whenever I click on anyone's website on these forums..they all look overlapped....and that's really strange...not one site seems to be appearing "normal" if you will......regardless...this site..I really enjoyed looking through it! Well done! Kelly

Comment

• nick1346
                Major

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by besthotelscanada.com
                Actually, I just have a question- whenever I click on anyone's website on these forums..they all look overlapped....and that's really strange...not one site seems to be appearing "normal" if you will......regardless...this site..I really enjoyed looking through it! Well done! Kelly
                I don't want to distract from the main thread so I'll comment on the site first!
                Yes check your fonts, I had horrendous problems with them myself in the past, bethers what was that common fonts link which you posted?
                On the whole I like the feel and look of the site, how about a few sound clips of you lot doing your thing that would be great!

besthotels what browser are you using? It could be that you need to update, do a google search and update your current browser and download a good few of the more common browsers whilst you at it. Then check how your site (or anyone else's) looks, prepare to be shocked!

Comment

• besthotelscanada.com
                  Sergeant

• May 2006

Ok...so I downloaded a bunch of different browsers..but they were still looking strange to me...I am using Internet Explorer. I tried using Mozilla...but then my website looked trashed on it as well! LOL...so I guess the best thing to do is stay put with Internet Explorer...then I don't have to re-do anything...lol...but no...I don't know what the best browser is...but I've got a creative eye..so hopefully...I can just keep guessing as to how these websites are supposed to look. Which is a shame..cause there's a lot of good ones on here! Thanx again....

Comment

• Andy128
                    Major General

• Dec 2005

nick1346,
                    The link to the fonts can be found here;
                    http://www.netisopen.com/computer/web/webpagestuff.html find it in the blue section( just scroll down a bit)

besthotels,
                    You may have a problem with the manner in which your computer is handling html code in general. I would ask how old your computer is and what os you have. Please go to my site and I will give what assistance I can. http://www.netisopen.com/computer/ccmain.html
                    Use the contact page and click on the form.

pulpfiction,
                    I would suggest you go to http://www.cooltext.com and make your text into a jpg or gif. then place it on your page. This will keep browsers from
                    trying to shift things around on your viewers.

Andy
                    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Working...
                    X