Value Town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Value Town

I am looking for some feedback on my new vodahost website. I think it is turning out nicely and looks good on my computer. But when my sister looks at it on her lap top some of the words and pictures overlap each other. Does it look ok to everyone so far? www.bargainvaluetown.com I am going to be adding the rest of the products, buy it now buttons and my shopping cart but just wanted some feedback. Thanks
    Yvonne
    Value Town - Buy Smart. The Best Bargains for your Home

Re: Value Town

It looks very nice, good job.
    Sharon Chajin

Comment

Yvonne,
      You are off to a very good start. So far it looks easy to read and well organized. Best of luck.
      Karen
      http://www.quiltedtoatea.com
      http://www.quiltedtoatea.com/blog
      http://www.toadstoolteaparties.com
      http://www.myteatimefun.com

Comment

Yvonne. Great Job. I like the look and feel of your site. I want one of those saunas...just don't know where I would put it!!

Every link I tried worked and your pages loaded fast. Good luck to a fellow Coloradoian!!

Cindy
        Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Originally posted by yma_hopson
          I am looking for some feedback on my new vodahost website. I think it is turning out nicely and looks good on my computer. But when my sister looks at it on her lap top some of the words and pictures overlap each other. Does it look ok to everyone so far? www.bargainvaluetown.com I am going to be adding the rest of the products, buy it now buttons and my shopping cart but just wanted some feedback. Thanks
          It's looks great! I did notice that some of your pages are still untitled, that's easy to fix, also on your policies page, I noticed that the bottom one is slightly out of alignment with the others. Apart from that, good job. I look forward to seeing it develop. Good luck.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

YiaYia would be proud!

Is this a Soholaunch site? I should be learning from you....(I'm going to get an account Tuesday to test Soho on one of my domains before getting into osCommerce for my mainlines)

Looks great, and I know the small fixes will be cleaned up shortly. Best of luck!
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Great looking site... well laid out... not too busy.

A few tweaks and you should do well.
              Have fun
              Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
              Newbies / Beginners Forum
              FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
              My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
              Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Yvonne came over from the webhost I was formerly with - and isn't she doing a super job! I haven't figured out why her one friend is seeing overlapping - so if any of you can figure that out, I know she'd appreciate it. I really think it's got to be the friends computer.

Yvonne - can your friend take a screen shot so you can see it- or any of us can?

I think you are doing a stupendous job - can't wait till you get it finished.
                Beth
                A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

Using opera and can see NO sign of overlapping beth, and yes she IS doing a super job.......
                  Have fun
                  Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                  Newbies / Beginners Forum
                  FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                  My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                  Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Thank you everyone. Actually I did not use soholaunch for this site, It is a bluevoda built site.

I am not sure how to send a screen shot of what my sister is seeing. It is really weird because some of my pictures and words are overlapping when she pulls it up on her site. I went to my dad's house to see how it shows up on his computer and although the words and pictures are in place the left side of the template kind of looks "torn". (I am not sure how to explain it.)

Bethers
                    Can you tell me how to take a screen shot of it so that you all can see it.

Thank you Girlonthehill - I will correct the alignment on the policies page.

I appreciate all of the feedback and can't wait to complete it.
                    Yvonne
                    Value Town - Buy Smart. The Best Bargains for your Home

Comment

very nice , i am a little confused with the links that seem to be random i.e they are not on a picture or text but they all leed back to front page they are? also the "send this page to a freind " button when i press it it comes up with - send to .bargainvaluetown.com im not sure but i think that its the wrong thing to use

The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
                      Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Hi Yvonne,

Youve done a fabulous job, your site looks great a little hard for me to read the black on the dark green in places but overall its fab

Well done
                        Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
                        http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

Yvonne-
                          Looks great! Could be that she has her text settings too high and is thus cramming things a little. Could be that she is using firefox as a browser. Click here to see the effects of improper text setting in browser-especially
                          Firefox.
                          http://www.netisopen.com/computer/VT/firefox.wmv

This has occured alot here on the forum and is generally attrubited to the users imporper browser setting.

Andy
                          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

The only overlapping I can find is what appears on your home page, left lower column seems to be registered unevenly: possibly it needs to be set as transparent, and lowered about an inch and a sigle click left? That is, if it is one box still set to white, and the background was supposed to let the darker green panel show through. This wasn't there first time through...
                            Still a great site!
                            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Everything is where it should be! great job!

Comment

Working...
                              X