Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my first website!!! Lots of pretty glass!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my first website!!! Lots of pretty glass!

My name is Brandie and I am a lampworker.. if you wanna know what that is check out my site. LOL... shameless self promotion ;)

well I finally got it atleast usable and I cant believe how easy it was!
    So what do you all think? Is there anything I can do to improve on it? Please be honest I can take it! LOL

Re: my first website!!! Lots of pretty glass!

have you used pix resizer ? because it was a bit slow to oad for me and im 2 meg braodband this may be because the pics need resizing a good way is to use the gallery feature this lets you have a thumb nail then custmoers can click on th image to enlarge it , sorry if you already know this trying to help apert from that its realy nice and neat like it
    The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
    Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

thanks! nope I had no idea about resizing for the website. I thought it would do it for me. humm well I have adobe so i will work on that tomarrow. Thanks again!!

anything else I can improve on?

Comment

Brandie

You are quite talented in both the things you create and web design. Very nice job. Absolutely beautifull product. I very much agree with the re-size picture thing- I downloaded one of your pic and it was 1.83mb. Way too big. Check out this reference on picture display;
        http://netisopen.com/computer/PICT001/PT001.html

That contains two programs that quickly and easily re-size photos for you.

Other than that- great job. My wife is from Meredosia Illinois and has family in Jascksonville and Lincoln. We lived in Galesburg for a few years. Small world.

Take care.

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Hey Brandie

Very nice website. Job well done.

I have my screen setting on 1280*1024 and I had to scroll sideways still.

You might wanna consider doing your pages smaller. Everyone here suggests to make them 800 width by whatever you want for the height.

Mike
          http://www.atexflooring.ca
          http://www.newfloor.ca

Comment

Hi Brandie,

Ilove the muted colours of your flowers on each page they work really well together, youve made a really beautiful site and your work is lovely.

Only a few of things that i could see ..firstly your page widths are very wide making a large sideways scroll on my screen....if you click on your page and go to page properties put 800 width and centre your browser and save then publish..hopefully that will fix it...there is a grid you can use to as a guide at the top of BV go to layout go down to guide settings then click on show guide borders I also use the grid to keep things straight..on the right hand side of your page you will see a broken dotted line ...this is your guide...hope that helps

Your gallery took a full 15 mins to load on my dial up so agree with the above that your pics need resizing....gorgeous by the way ..

Also a good idea to keep your navigation buttons the same throught your site ...just a suggestion but maybe do them in the same beautiful muted colours taht you already have ..that would look fab!

Theres a thread somewhere that tells you how to do stuff like that but sorry i cant remember where it is ......someone else will put a link up i'm sure

Well done Brandie ...good job
            Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
            http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

so what size should I resize to? I would prefer to not have a pop up window with a larger size so I need the largest acceptable size would 500Xwhatever work?

I did change my page width. Thank you for telling me because things looked fine on my end.

I will move my navigation. I wondered about that but want to make sure that it fits in with the pages also. hopefully sometime today. :) Thanks again!

Comment

Hi Brandie

Your doing fab!..ive copied this off one of my other posts someone having similar problems...think it might help you ..i know it helped me ..loads! lol

I to am a beginner and i only know this thro my own mistakes of which ive made millions lol

Anyway i found how to put the guide on by sheer luck!..it might help you to try this

First set your page properties...right click on an empty space on your page go to page properties and set your width to 800 ...you can ..centre in browser there to once youve done that click ok....then

Go to the top of the page click on Layout..then go down to Guide settings and set to ..show border guide ..i also click on.. show grid..helps keep it all in order kinda thing .... once youve done that you will see a dotted line down the right hand side of your page ..this is your guide ..keep everything within this line and thats it...done

How to Center your page

Comment

Brandie-

Use the tutorial to decide which size you want the picture to be. I thnk your large pictures would look good at 320X240. The quality will still be there after resizing. Currently the one pic I downloaded is 1500X1900. So you will ineffect improve your download time by a factor of at least 5 by going to 320X240.

None will open in a pop-up window unless you design it that way. Getting graphics to a small size is a must though when trying to appeal to viewers patience. Often if they have to wait to download something- they will just keep surfing.

Hope that helps.

Andy
                  PHP- is a blast!

Comment

The colors are wonderful, I do agree try a little smaller if you can.
                    Sharon Chajin

Comment

oh I havent published yet. Let me try that and check back in a few min will ya? Thanks a million!!

is there a way to publish all pages at once?

Comment

I dont think so Brandie...but dont quote me on that one lol

How to Center your page

Comment

Nope- one page at at time.

Andy
                          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

okay, is it better now? I fixed the page size on all pages and resized the photos in the gallery. Do the store pictures load slow?
                            Thanks again!

Comment

they load fine here, on my machine, I like the shakedown kitty:)

Comment

Working...
                              X