No announcement yet.

My First site is up and I need input!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My First site is up and I need input!

Moto

All I can suggest is to play around with your colours different shades etc ...until your happy with the result ....sometimes less is more and I personally would drop the yellow only because i'm not a fan of bright clours on bright colours ..if you know what i mean ...its not very kind on the eyes , hope that helps you a little
    Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
    http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

I thought I'd put on a new look, since I got me new bars!
      (Gracious! I cleaned up well, didn't I?)
      Or.....should I go back to my old avatar???

Anyway....try Regular Arial - Bold in the same neon bright blue as the 1pt borders on the Plan buttons.....Make them as clean, and it might fall into that continuity thing that is so important without losing import, if you know what I mean.....

Hmmm....since when do I dress up for Forums?
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Linda- I agree about the bright color on bright color! I'll be changing that!

Vasili-Thanks for the input about the blue fill-in. My wife kept saying there was something she didn't like about that page and it turns out that changing that color "fixed" the problem! I'm changing the box color, and removed the yellow highlights, then I will work on changing the links text and the yellow font in the boxes, too. I am trying to find a good neon blue color, but all I have now is that bright royal blue that is in the BV pallette. That should work?? We'll see how it looks.

BTW, looking very spiffy in the suit, almost respectable....
        Affordable Medical Insurance
        Discount Dental Plan
        Washington State Health Insurance
        Temporary Health Insurance
        Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

Moto

I'm not sure where the thread is .... but Andy123 has a real handy little tool you can download for free ... i have it now its called a colour detector ...its brilliant! ... you just point your arrow to any colour and it gives you the numbers to put into your colour pallette ....say you see the exact colour you want just point to it and you have the numbers to input into BV ....its great! ..i'll have a look see if i can find the link

How to Center your page

Comment

Originally posted by Lincslady
            Moto

I'm not sure where the thread is .... but Andy123 has a real handy little tool you can download for free ... i have it now its called a colour detector ...its brilliant! ... you just point your arrow to any colour and it gives you the numbers to put into your colour pallette ....say you see the exact colour you want just point to it and you have the numbers to input into BV ....its great! ..i'll have a look see if i can find the link
            Here's the link to Andy's stuff:

http://netisopen.com/computer/web/webpagestuff.html

Have fun!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks Amanda .. there you go Moto :o) you'll love it

How to Center your page

Comment

Thank you!!! I'm back to work on the site with all the great tips! I should have some changes up by later tonight-time to go eat dinner!

Thanks to ALL of you for the thoughtful and helpful input, I know it will make a positive difference in the look of the site.
                Discount Dental Plan

Comment

Your welcome, enjoy your Dinner :o)

How to Center your page

Comment

Originally posted by motoxxx
                    The site is not quite done but before I go too much further I would love to get some input to see what you all think. I have optimized alot of it using severla types of tools but for some reason am not et indexed byt any of the search engines. Any all feedback is very welcome! I have thick skin so let me have it!!!
                    Well done motoxxx. I navigated through numerious pages and did not encounter any issues. Don't worry about not getting indexed by search engines. How long has your site been up? Make sure that you include your site for all free inclusion searches. To optimize your web for search engines, there are many things that you can do. Make sure you have a robots.text file uploaded to your servers, a small example below. Are you interested in PPC or a high page ranking. Different objectives require different strategies. Also, google may take up to 2 months or more to index pages. Hope this helps.

<META name="revisit-after" content="15 days">
                    <META name="robots" content="index, follow">
                    <META name="Rating" content="General">
                    <META name="Robots" content="All">

WG

Elevate Your Music
                    HipHopTraxx
                    Blue Diamond Marketing

Comment

WG-

I haven't even gotten so far as to make my SE plan part of basic BV creative strategy....thanks for the reminder to pepper my file with robotags like you mentioned above....Sheesh! Too busy to pay attention to basics...must be slipping in my old age!
                      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks WGreene. I believe I have allready uploaded the txt file but I am not really sure. Where on the FTP section does it go? Does it go in the folder with the rest of the site info? Does it just get uploaded as a note pad file?

I have signed up for Adwords and Adsense but mostly I need a high page ranking for some very competitive terms for my industry. As far as optimization goes, I am actually using about 4 different types of tools and cross referencing between them to make sure that there is a general consensus between the SEO software programs that my site is in good shape. I would really love to have someone who has some SEO experience look at my site and make some other suggestions as far as the SEO approach I have taken is going.
                        Discount Dental Plan

Comment

Clean, well layed out design, and professional looking site, checked some of the links quickly, I found it easy to navigate too! Excelllent start and good luck!

Comment

OK I took out the yellow and I am redoing the header and taking into account many of the SEO things I have learned recently. I would like some more input if anyone is up for it. The dental page has also been updated.
                            Discount Dental Plan

Comment

Hi Moto,

Your site is looking really good ..much much better without the yellow, tho youve made the font blue on blue and its really hard to see , when its clicked on i know it goes to black but its hard to see first off...maybe a good idea to do the blue to white?

The dental page looks good to now ... well done nice job

How to Center your page

Comment

Well done, its looks very nice. Much luck
                                Sharon Chajin

Comment

Working...
                                X