• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • billy sj
    Corporal

• Mar 2006

building my website

do i need to sign up and get a domain name before i start constructing my site,is it possible to construct a site then register when it is completed.Can you link your pages together when making up your website or do you need to register a domain name first,if im in the wrong section where do i need to go to find out about this ,thanks for any help
    billy sj
  • Girlonthehill
    General

• Oct 2005

Re: building my website

Originally posted by billy sj
    do i need to sign up and get a domain name before i start constructing my site,is it possible to construct a site then register when it is completed.Can you link your pages together when making up your website or do you need to register a domain name first,if im in the wrong section where do i need to go to find out about this ,thanks for any help
    billy sj
    Hi Billy,
    You can download BlueVoda now, take your time building your site and then sign up for your VodaHosting account when you are ready to publish.

Obviously, to ensure that you get the domain name that you want , especially if it is important to your business idea, then you should buy your domain name soon.

It was the wrong section, but no worries - you will leaarn to find your way around. Welcome!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• billy sj
      Corporal

• Mar 2006

thanks for your reply ,one thing im not quite sure of,when you say publish do you mean construct all my pages ready to go on my website then buy my domain name,then link all the pages together or should i be able to link them together before i sign up,the reason i ask is i have tried to lin 2 pages together but it doesnt work.Im probably missing the obvious so my apologises
      thanks
      billy sj

Comment

• Girlonthehill
        General

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by billy sj
        thanks for your reply ,one thing im not quite sure of,when you say publish do you mean construct all my pages ready to go on my website then buy my domain name,then link all the pages together or should i be able to link them together before i sign up,the reason i ask is i have tried to lin 2 pages together but it doesnt work.Im probably missing the obvious so my apologises
        thanks
        billy sj
        Yes in order for you to have working links you have to publish your site. Links use URLs and they work on the web so cannot work until you have published. Publish and construct aren't the same. You can build or construct your pages, get most of the hard work done. When you have done what you can and need live testing then that's the time to set up your VH hosting account. Of course you will have tweaking and fine tuning to do so you will just edit your pages and republish until you are happy.

NB, Remember to size your pages properly. The best width is 800px which you should then centre in your browser (by checking the box in page properties). Whatever you decide DO NOT take it wider than 1000px. Sideways scroll is a no no.

Good luck, Billy.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• billy sj
          Corporal

• Mar 2006

thanks amanda you have been a big help it is appreciated
          bill

Comment

Working...
          X