• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • warwickplates
    Sergeant

• Feb 2006

second site linked to the first

This is my second site, linked to my first site, all comments welcome. It used to be sitting on the tesco server, but it was like getting blood out of a stone for any technical support. I have found BV much better.

www.warwickplates.co.uk

www.warwicksigns.co.uk
  • Dream Lady
    Major General

• Feb 2006

Re: second site linked to the first

You've done a great job! I just have a few nit picky things.
    1. I would make the width of your page slightly smaller like 800, as I get the sideways scroll bar, unless I have my page to full screen.
    2. I would like to see your background the same on all pages along with your header. I felt I was going to a different site when I clicked on the pages other than your home page.
    3. I don't think you need the scroll box with the red text. You have lots of room on your home page to put that info without having your viewers have to scroll a small box. If you still want the scroll box, then I would add more info to it and make it a little bigger.
    4. I like your header and background color on your home page.
    5. You might want to title your pages a little different, so that search engines can find you better.
    6. Not sure why you are linking warwicksigns to warwickplates since it seems to be the same info? I guess just another domain to point to?

Like a said, just a few nit picky things on my part, but I think you've done a Great Job!
    Cindy
    Cindy Smentowski

Comment

• Lincslady
      Brigadier General

• Jan 2006

Hi Warwick

I like the design of your site, but i agree with all of what floorlady said ..big sideways scroll on my screen even when its maxed also I find the dark font on a fairly dark background a little difficult to read ....

I dont know about car plates but dont you have to see whats available or something? or is this for plates that are already on your car and you just want a different look? ...an explanation of what your site is would be good maybe an "about us page"?
      Also your submit button would maybe look better at the bottom of the form instead of in the middle, i agree with Cindy to about taking the theme of your front page right through the rest of your site, would look more professional. but thats all just little things really, all the links worked fine and was quik to load on my dial up

Good job .. keep tweaking ;o)
      Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
      http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

• gueorgui
        Major

• Dec 2005

it loads fast, and very easy to navigate, what could be improved is the layout........in my browser the width is out of place

good job!

Comment

• SChajin
          Major General

• Jan 2006

Pretty cool
          Sharon Chajin

Comment

• warwickplates
            Sergeant

• Feb 2006

Thanks to you all for thaking the time to have a look and leave some comments. The information on the width is interesting as it looks fine on my screen, so I would not have noticed. So I need to amend that. As for the scroll box and the different look on different pages, your right it would look better done a different way, the problem is that it is so easy to get carried away with trying different things with this software.

As for the to sites, well I am not clear about that myself, as I started one on a tescos server using Font page, which I struggled with, then started one with BV, so now I have two domains. So my marketing a bit messed up at the monment.
            Thanks again.

wwwwarwickplates.co.uk
            www.warwicksigns.co.uk

Comment

• Lincslady
              Brigadier General

• Jan 2006

Oh warwick i know what you mean about getting carried away using BV lol ... you want to try it all! lol
              Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
              http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

• brooksman
                Sergeant Major

• Jun 2006

great job, there is nothing that i would change

Comment

Working...
                X