• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pattibeth
    Private

• Dec 2005

have a look at my new website

pls critique my website and be honest, i'm not looking for attaboys. have been working hard for sometime on getting everything just right, and the fearless leaders at blue voda have fielded many questions and issues with utmost patience and good grace, so now i'm ready for all to have a look and comment: www.atreasurestore.com

right now it's mainly christmas items, but plan on adding other antique/thriftstore/handmade type items in time. almost all of the fabric items - sewing - quilts - and embroidery - i have made and/or decorated with my wonderful machine. feel free to be truthful, i can only learn from you and appreciate your constructive opinions.

thanks, pattibeth
  • quiltergal
    First Sergeant

• Mar 2006

Re: have a look at my new website

Pattibeth,
    You have some very lovely creations, as a fellow sewer I can appreciate the time it took to create them. Your site is very nice and clean looking. Are all your thumbnails meant to have a pop-up enlargement? Some did and some didn't. I understand the logic in having the navigation button at the bottom but I wonder if it might be confusing to some. Perhaps having it closer to the top where people can find it easily might be helpful.
    You've done great work so far and I'm sure that like the rest of us you will continue to tweak and refine your site, that is if you can pull yourself away from the sewing machine, that's the hardest part for me. So many great things to sew!
    Good luck,
    Karen
    http://www.quiltedtoatea.com
    http://www.quiltedtoatea.com/blog
    http://www.toadstoolteaparties.com
    http://www.myteatimefun.com

Comment

• Girlonthehill
      General

• Oct 2005

Congratulations on publishing your website. I do, however, agree about the navigation. Navigation is a one of the most important parts of your website. If people can't see how to navigate easily - they will not stick around and probably won't come back. There is nothing to say where your navigation is, when I did find it - I was not sure. Also I clicked on pages to go to and expected to go instantly, I then realised that I had to click go. To make the most of your site and beautiful products I think you should, perhaps, rethink your naviagtion. It could make all the difference.
      I like the simplicity and the way that your pages share the same design.
      Well done and good luck.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Lincslady
        Brigadier General

• Jan 2006

Hi Pattibeth,

I can see you have put a lot of work into your site and it looks good.

One thing that stood out to me big time is that you have the biggest sideways scroll i have ever seen, .. I dont really know why its as big as it is ... did you set your page width?

If you click on my link below and follow the steps this will fix it

Apart from that and the navigation.. youve done a great job..well done
        Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
        http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

• Andy128
          Major General

• Dec 2005

You do some very nice sewing. I like the simplcity of the site. Have to agree with others- navigation is a problem. Couldn't see to get back to main page. If you make navigation eaiser- all will fall into place.

Keep up the good work. A little tweaking and - .....heck I'm always making changes and corrections to my site!

Cheers,

Andy
          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

• SChajin
            Major General

• Jan 2006

I agree with the above, I didn't notice a home page maybe I just missed it.
            Sharon Chajin

Comment

• Dream Lady
              Major General

• Feb 2006

Pattibeth: I agree with all of the above as mentioned. You have a wonderful site and lots of work put in to it. Navigation is lacking, so once you tweak that a bit, I think you will have a GREAT time with your business. You do wonderful work!
              Cindy
              Cindy Smentowski

Comment

• Matias27
                Private

• May 2006

Originally posted by pattibeth
                pls critique my website and be honest, i'm not looking for attaboys. have been working hard for sometime on getting everything just right, and the fearless leaders at blue voda have fielded many questions and issues with utmost patience and good grace, so now i'm ready for all to have a look and comment: www.atreasurestore.com

right now it's mainly christmas items, but plan on adding other antique/thriftstore/handmade type items in time. almost all of the fabric items - sewing - quilts - and embroidery - i have made and/or decorated with my wonderful machine. feel free to be truthful, i can only learn from you and appreciate your constructive opinions.

thanks, pattibeth
                Your webside it is very interesting, fine

Comment

• circuspet.com
                  Brigadier General

• Feb 2006

First the critique. When I review other sites I see things I could have or shoukd have done on mine. Case and point your contact email should be a hyperlink. So should mine. Thanks for the education.

Comment

• brooksman
                    Sergeant Major

• Jun 2006

it is a very good website and well put together good job

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

I find it interesting, Brooksman, that you have been a member of the Voda Forums for only one day, have earned rank so very quickly with the proliferations of your unabashed postings, and do not allow any Members the opportunity to reciprocate in turn to you...... do YOU have a Blue Voda or other VodaHost website that we can view?
                      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• pattibeth
                        Private

• Dec 2005

everyone,

i will make the navigation changes you, and others, have suggested. that makes great sense to me! i can only learn from you who see objectively.

thank you to all the replies of good advice, will tweak a bit, appreciate everyones input!

pattibeth

Comment

• Lgddesign01
                          First Sergeant

• May 2006

Nice start. I would get rid of the drop down menu and put a navjgation bar. Maybe even take the personal information and put it in a link "about us" or company page. When I first read it I dont know what you do. Take a look at some of the comments people wrote to me. They may work for you. good job.
                          David
                          David B
                          LGD Design Innovations
                          www.lgddesign.com
                          david.bennett@lgddesign.com

Comment

• Mr. Pure
                            Sergeant

• Jun 2006

Nice job...agree with most of the above about navigation---thought the red "SHIPPING" on your homepage would be clickable. Good work!
                            MR. PURE
                            ourwaterispure.com

Comment

Working...
                            X