My Rocky Mountain Utopia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Rocky Mountain Utopia

Welcome to my site, it has links to many sites of interest from sports interaction, shopping online, health & fittness info to travel prices and vacation planning. Visit 'www.myrmu.com' for all your needs.

Re: My Rocky Mountain Utopia

Originally posted by tgwoodske
    Welcome to my site, it has links to many sites of interest from sports interaction, shopping online, health & fittness info to travel prices and vacation planning. Visit 'www.myrmu.com' for all your needs.
    Well.... I'm sorry but I have to be brutally honest with you here.... I loved the picture at the top and though 'ooh, this looks good' then the rest loaded and I though 'oh, how disappointing'. There is nothing on your site to make me want to stay and have a look around. If you seriously want people to visit your site and click on some of your affiliate links then you have to provide something of interest. Some articles about the area, pictures of places to go and things to see. Also a page choc-a-block full of banner ads is not a good thing, as I have learned. There is no order, no logic that is apparent. If you need to do this on your home page then I think you need to have a little order in there. It's a headache at the moment.

I apologise if you think this sounds harsh but my aim is to be honest in order that you can actually make your website attract visitirs and make you some money. It won't do either in it's current format, I fear. You've done a good job learning how to use BV - and have the basics of a good site - you just need to put in a little more thought and work and you could have a money-spinning masterpiece.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I very much agree with Amanda. You also need to check your spelling. Good Luck
      Cindy
      Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Don't be discouraged. Your mastery of BV web builder is evident and a great accomplishment. Your site just needs a little organizing.

many sites of interest from sports interaction, shopping online, health & fittness info to travel prices and vacation planning.
        But it is all mixed together. You will find that web surfers are not patient people. If it is not right there and easy to locate- they will move on.
        Maybe try a web page for each subject?

Anyway- keep encouraged and have fun.

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Andy´s suggestion of a seperate web page for each subject is a sound one as at the moment S.E´s will take this site as being a Link Farm.

Amanda and Cindy have been their usual honest selves and I would listen and learn from thier candid opinions.

Thats what these forums are all about, look, listen and Learn.

You have the basics for a very good site......keep going.

Have fun
          Have fun
          Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
          Newbies / Beginners Forum
          FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
          My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
          Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Hi tg,

I agree with all the above comments, the picture at the top of your site is beautiful and a nice opening to your site, but your site needs organising better, it looks a little messy right now.

Maybe navigation buttons down the left side, there are nicer looking buttons about, than the ones you have, which will enhance the look of your site, then like someone said a separate page for each of your subjects ..the main one being the rocky mountains iI would have loved to have seen info about the area and pics on that , then you can have your banners/ads relating to that subject.

Also you need to set your page widths before you do anything else as you have a big sideways scroll on each page ..very off putting to most people ...to fix this click on the link below.

Hope this helps you ...you will get there :o)
            Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
            http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

i can't even get it to load? everything else is working fine, so i think my computer is okay.

Sorry
              Tom

http://www.gfc-local.com
              your local directory, for Burton on Trent

Comment

What cant you get to load? my link? ......if so just go to the Bluevoda Tricks n Tips forum and scroll down to page guide settings
                Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
                http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

sorry lincslady, i mean i cant The Utopia site to open at all, not if you all can it must be my PC or broadband connection, god bless British Telecom,
                  Sorry to have confused
                  Tom

http://www.gfc-local.com
                  your local directory, for Burton on Trent

Comment

Working...
                  X