• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Pure
    Sergeant

• Jun 2006

Please check my site and leave feedback

Hi folks,
    Just put the finishing touches on my websites---very interested in getting some feedback,criticisms,suggestions. my first site leads into the second one---let me know what you think ---thanks!!

takeourchallenge.com
    MR. PURE
    ourwaterispure.com
  • Lincslady
    Brigadier General

• Jan 2006

Re: Please check my site and leave feedback

Hi Mr Pure,

I can see youve put a lot of work into your site but my personal opinion is that it could look much better, if you alter a few things, being a proffesional site I think it would benefit from having the same theme throughout the site..I noticed you have a few different backgrounds fe black on some pages, white and even blue on others ...looks more proffesional to have the same throughout.

I would also keep your contact page simple, looks a little messy, do you really need the video screen on there? and the shell background?

Though i do like the video ..love the way her eyes follow the mouse thats neat, lol could play with that all day lol ...

Also maybe keep the nav bar in the same place on each page, your pages took a long time to load on my dial up along with having to scroll sideways on every page, If i was browsing I would have clicked off because of the waiting and the scrolling.

You need to set your page widths and centre your pages , take a look at my link below if you want to fix this.

All just small things really that can be fixed quite easily.

Keep tweaking , your nearly there...well done
    Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
    http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

• SChajin
      Major General

• Jan 2006

I agree with Linda, I do have to say.....I don't like the noise on your SOS page, sorry it might just be me.
      Sharon Chajin

Comment

• royb
        Major General

• Mar 2006

The "Enter Here" link on the first page only works for me in IE6 but in Firefox.

http://www.plusplace.co.uk
        royb@plusplace.co.uk

Comment

• circuspet.com
          Brigadier General

• Feb 2006

I like your sound bite it adds another demention and makes it easy to follow for us old blind guys. the site switching was spontainious could maybe do something with black background intro without distracting from presentation.

Comment

• tomgodfrey18
            Staff Sergeant

• May 2006

i reccomend that you have a look at sitereportcard.com to optimize your site for speed and compatibility. It is free and will give you some pointers, it helped me out plenty, cheers
            Tom

http://www.gfc-local.com
            your local directory, for Burton on Trent

Comment

• brooksman
              Sergeant Major

• Jun 2006

I really like the website and it is excellant in the ways of the intro

Comment

• Mr. Pure
                Sergeant

• Jun 2006

Thanks for the feedback!! I've been messing with page size---seems that putting alternate text on my navigation buttons really adds to page width. Anyone else have this problem?
                MR. PURE
                ourwaterispure.com

Comment

• bill2006
                  Lieutenant General

• May 2006

Hi Mr. Pure,
                  Interesting and impressed. i'm sure a number fo hikers/campers would be very interested in the bottles.

Couple of suggestions, when using the link "NEW - Click here....products" I had to listen to all to get to the last product, perhaps there is a way to separate each.

Also, I kept searching for more information on life of the filters and what types of water can be filtered i.e. river water, etc. are you planning a FAQ section?

Not hot on the large text but the message was very 'clear'
                  Bill
                  www.blueearthtea.com
                  www.ftaaconsulting.com
                  www.iaval.com
                  www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

• Mr. Pure
                    Sergeant

• Jun 2006

Planning to add an interactive FAQ page in future--taking a while to set that up. Currently the only filter longevity info is on product description in store.
                    MR. PURE
                    ourwaterispure.com

Comment

• robobobo
                      Captain

• Apr 2006

i think its great!!!! and i love mr.pure and the videos are fab!
                      good work
                      robobobo
                      Blog Insomnia.com Blogging Help,Guides & Tips
                      Techinfo-4u.com Tech Discussions and Guides
                      www.visionlandscapes.ie
                      [COLOR=#22229c[/COLOR]

Comment

• Bethers
                        Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

OK - if you want to sell products - it is vital that they be no more than a maximum of 3 clicks - 2 is best. Right now you're at a minimum of 4. And when I went to the store, I couldn't click and get to the products. Well, only the very outside edge of the go buttons work. I suggest that not only should the entire button work, but the underlined phrases in each should be clickable also - as should the pictures. You need to remember that you have to make it as easy as possible for people to get to products.

I have the sound off on my computer - and many shoppers do their shopping from work - where they cannot have sound. So, if you want to use sound and videos, do not make it so that the people have no other way to get the information.

Same with your add to cart buttons - however you've made them - only the outsides of them are clickable.

It's good that you have a complete address on your contact us page - but I'll be honest - I won't order from a site without a phone number. And if I'm unsure of the legitimacy of a site, I call it first to make sure it gets answered - even if just by a voice mail with a business name. Now, don't get me wrong - I prefer emails to phone calls on my stores - but also - realize that ALL my big and corporate orders have only come in after they've called and left me a voicemail and I've returned their call. They want to know you're for real. So - get a phone number and get a good business message on there - and return the calls that come in.

I agree with the very first message in the thread about consistency. The site doesn't seem professional to me when each page has a different header and background - I'm never sure I'm still at the same place. And, again, if you want to sell - the idea is to give people a feeling of comfort - make sure you have nothing that will send them away.

You have a great start and lots of good ideas - just need some tweaking - and some major on page optimization - starting with good page titles that use your keywords - different ones for each page - then get headline text on the pages using the keywords also.
                        Beth
                        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                        SEO - The Basics

Comment

• Mr. Pure
                          Sergeant

• Jun 2006

Really great input!! Thanks a bunch!
                          MR. PURE
                          ourwaterispure.com

Comment

• bill2006
                            Lieutenant General

• May 2006

Hi Mr. Pure
                            I was trying to link from a small picture to open in a new window, very much like you did with the water bottle. How do I lock the size of the new window?

example from http://www.blueearthtea.com/individual.html

Thanks
                            Bill
                            www.blueearthtea.com
                            www.ftaaconsulting.com
                            www.iaval.com
                            www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

• Mr. Pure
                              Sergeant

• Jun 2006

Hi Bill,
                              If you mean on the homepage---the picture under "Virtual Tour"---I just inserted a gallery for the water bottle, pitcher and shower head. I'm not sure how to lock the pop up image size---that's just how it came up, and I stuck with it. I know that's probably no help for you---sorry.

takeourchallenge.com
                              MR. PURE
                              ourwaterispure.com

Comment

Working...
                              X