Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First site from Amsterdam

Hi everybody,

It's not ready yet, but I like to hear what you think.
    Still working on centering index and other things.
    www.allfarida.com
    Want to thank Blue Voda for all the support.
    Hope to encourage other people from Europe to sign up.
    Smile and enjoy life
    Www.allfarida.com

Re: First site from Amsterdam

Magne bra! (i Norsk!)

I noticed that your wav files were packed in tight on the page...which distorted the video resolution....was this an oversight, or by default settings? I don't know myself, but they appeared about 75% as tall as they should be.

Pretty neat! Some tidbits of formatting text overuns on photos, loading wavs, and possibly re-defining frame sizes, but you sure on the right track! Can't wait to see it when completed!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks for your reply....you're right about the videos.
      I was trying to get a bigger screen to view the videos better (so I dragged it up a bit..haha), but I'll have to change that if it doesn't work. Is there any other way to do this?
      Could you tell me where you see the text overuns on photos, loading wavs, and possibly re-defining frame sizes?
      Appreciate it very much.
      Smile and enjoy life
      Www.allfarida.com

Comment

Hi Farida,

Very nice site love the colour ...just a couple of things, your pages have a sideways scroll on my screen you need to set your page widths and centre them ...the link below will show you how to fix this and also your video page was very slow to load on my dial up so i didnt get to see them.

Just a bit more tweaking and youve cracked it!

Like your avatar... your very beautiful ..good luck with your career
        Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
        http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

Love the colours.
          The videos took a while but not too long. I didn't notice any text overlop, but pages perhaps would be better if centred.
          If this is your first attempt I'm looking forward very much to seeing your final version. Well done.

Mary

http://www.huntertheatrearts.co.uk

L

Comment

Nice to hear from you guys. My page width drives me crazy......I read the forum on this topic, Amanda gave me some tips (forum about saving and previewing), I tried to change it a 1000 times, but some pages just won't center. Think I have to pull my header inside, adjust the menu so it doesn't stick out and save again. A few other members had the same problem, so hopefully I will get there.
            A lot af work to do, but I'm happy with your positive reply.
            Smile and enjoy life
            Www.allfarida.com

Comment

Farida

If when you set your guide lines like shown in my link and you go over that line on the right hand side ...it will give you a scroll ....keep all your work inside or just on the line then when you have everything done go back to your page properties and set again to 800 and save .... that should do it :o)
              Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
              http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

Great looking site.
                Sharon Chajin

Comment

Nice. I had to search for the English version though. It was running slow for me as well. I had the problem on my site and I still do a little. I found that resizing your pics to the smallest size helps. Good luck with it. I will check in again and give you some feed back.
                  David
                  David B
                  LGD Design Innovations
                  www.lgddesign.com
                  david.bennett@lgddesign.com

Comment

Excellant site there are many vivid colors, thats all i have to say, but i really liked it

Comment

Originally posted by Faradiba
                      Thanks for your reply....Could you tell me where you see the text overuns on photos, loading wavs, and possibly re-defining frame sizes?
                      Appreciate it very much.
                      Hey!

I was being a nit-picker about the text field on your main pages lacking the right margins normally ascribed, especially evident on the "English" version of the Main Page.....see where the text actually touches the pictures? Rule of thumb is to have the same margin on both sides. This shouldn't be a problem for you, as you have a lot of room for the text to reform down.

And about the videos loading, and frames issue:
                      A. Have you considered not placing the video control on your page at all, but instead listing a still shot from the video and the option to view an edited (shortened) and the original version, each presented as text links??;
                      B. Alongside the still/photo, you can write a short introduction to the video for better understanding and appreciation. Additionally, this becomes "content" and can be cached/indexed/ranked/referenced by the Search Engines, something you are always looking to develop.....

Doing the above would serve to "clean up" your video page, keep the personal warmth you present, and be a better continuity solution.
                      Linking the text to the appropriate video is simple: you can simply clone an newly formatted/redesigned page,and then rename the current page (effectively taking it out of the lineup), and using the hyperlink tool in BV, set the target as the video (that has been "published" in the background on the hidden page), also set to "_blank" so it opens up in a new window...

Just a few ideas....

Comment

Hi Vasili,

I tested my site on another browser yesterday and was surprised to see how different it looked from my own screen. Saw the text overlapping even more, so i've changed the index and english page:smaller header letters,moving text away from big picture etc.
                        Thanks for your ideas about the video's. I'l try to make a screen shot (don't know how to do it yet) and make an option for people to download on their computer.
                        Great idea to add text about the video's. I'll start working on it.
                        Smile and enjoy life
                        Www.allfarida.com

Comment

Linking to videos published on interior pages rather than one to ten on a page means MUCH faster loading/playing times for viewers....it's already loaded!

You are doing everything right, and it shows. I monitor your site periodically, and think you are doing an outstanding job -- apparently you've picked up some of the useful perspectives and "tricks" from these Forums, and are putting them to excellent use!

**Investigate if you have an interface with your cell phone and the original tape....many times using these forgotten technologies in new ways allows us the results we want without having to buy software, etc. etc. You know, email it to your phone, use the "freeze frame" email it back to yourself, etc. Or--take a picture with your phone of it playing on a bigger screen, and email it to yourself, save it, crop/clean it up, and then import it...Play around - have fun!

Comment

Finally my pages are centered! Discovered the problem when I enabled View- object outlines.What a relieve.
                            Working on the video page and it seems to work better with the links. Text only in dutch...sorry.
                            Proud to find myself on the first page in Google nl (search farida van den Stoom). Will try to stay there!
                            Smile and enjoy life
                            Www.allfarida.com

Comment

Congratulations! Truly, you have done wonders.....
                              Maybe this is a new career?? No, just kidding. Good luck, and keep popping in once in a while to share your updates and accomplishments.

Comment

Working...
                              X