My Web Site & Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Web Site & Forum

Please commend my web site and forum.I have not whatsoever experience and theories on web design and forum.Many terms are strange to me. I have used Soho Pro edition5 to construct this web site , the are many controls and navigation, sub dormain, email etc ....which skill to apply I still not able to acquire yet. I hope to acquire them soon. Vodahost is the first experience in my life in web technology. Any suggestion to improve my site and forum is appreciated.Thank you.

Lincoln
    www.xuankong-liufa.com
    www.xuankong-liufa.com

Re: My Web Site & Forum

I think you did a great job. Quick load for me (DSL)
    Sharon Chajin

Comment

Nice looking site and nice pleasant colour scheme.

http://www.plusplace.co.uk
      royb@plusplace.co.uk

Comment

Hi Lincoln,

You have done a very good job on your site, its very neat and tidy , easy to read loaded very quikly on my dial up and all the links i tried worked.

the only thing that didnt work on my screen was the chinese type...could this maybe because soho doesnt regonise the language?... i dont know.

But overall a very nice job and i will be reading more of it later

Any tips in feng shui ..for us all to make our websites succesful? ;o)
        Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
        http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

Lincoln, like your site, clear and easy to read.
          For my title I noticed that on others pc's that didnot have my font the title appeared in Arial or Times font. I saved my title as a *.gif file with a transparent background and used that. Perhaps you might consider saving the "Chinese Verses" as a *.gif or *jpg.

Bill
          www.blueearthtea.com
          Bill
          www.blueearthtea.com
          www.ftaaconsulting.com
          www.iaval.com
          www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

i enjoyed looking at your website but i only speak english so i cant translate so i really dont know what else to say. It did look pretty good

Comment

Lincoln: You have done a great job. The only thing I noticed was unfortunately quite a few mis-spelled words, other than that, very interesting! Good Luck with your website.
              Cindy
              Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Thank you all of you,

Hi, lincslady and others who beleive in traditional chinese feng shui,

In my forum, there are my articles and that of others practitioners-all are written in Eglish.

I cannot Link phpBB2 as my forum page Yet in my website, so you have to browse for xuankong-liufa.com/forum.

PhpoBB2.com had made an announcement on 7th June that latest version PhpBB2.0.21 be updated by all users. Any body know how to go about it by Fantatisco..I installed PhpBB2 using Fantatisco. I dare not make any updating attempts, fearing that I woulld LOSE AGAIN all my Forum Content and members data.

Lincoln
                www.xuankong-liufa.com
                www.xuankong-liufa.com/forum
                www.xuankong-liufa.com

Comment

Hi bill2006, Very good advice, I will try to do it.Your sites is very impressive, conclusive, simple and neat

Lincoln
                  www.xuankong-liufa.com

Comment

it will not load, says cannot connect to the database. sorry
                    Tom

http://www.gfc-local.com
                    your local directory, for Burton on Trent

Comment

Hi Lincoln,

Like Tom before me, I too could not download your page - I got a "critical error, could not connect to database" message.

Hope you sort this problem out soon!

Cheers
                      Suresh

Comment

Yes, I faced the same thing hours ago when I have reformated my personal computer. I have to wait till tomorrow to seek the technician advise.

But when I browsed for xuankong-liufa.com/sohoadmin, I could see and open my web site through THAT PANEL.

It was strange, I could also open www. xuankong-liufa.com/forum to see and write postings to my forum.

Lincoln
                        www.xuankong-liufa.com

Comment

Hi Lincoln,
                          I visited your web site again and it opens fine in IE6 and in Firefox. I would like to suggest that you leave a margin so that the text is not so "tight" against the edge of the page, this would make it easier to read.
                          Bill
                          www.blueearthtea.com
                          www.ftaaconsulting.com
                          www.iaval.com
                          www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Hii, Bill,

I wake this morning and tried to open. Yes, it was in perfect order now. May be it will takes some hours to get the whole system reconfigurated after new formating.

I have tried to rearranged the paragraphing waht they should have been, but seemed that we have no that choice at will like we could, in using Blue Voda.

The spacing arragement of texts and the Location of Photo and charts were not located and presented EXACTLY the manners we wanted them to be.Some choices and freedom were allowed in the FULL and Exact manner text spcaing and planing of location of photo chart.

Lincoln
                            www.xuankong-liufa.com

Comment

Dai Ho!
                              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                              X