New Website - Home Page Only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Website - Home Page Only

I am very new at this, so bear with me. I must say that BV is great, particularly when you really have very little knowledge of website construction. I am having fun learning.

Please help me fine tune my website Home page. I have other completed pages, I just have to figure out why they don't link together. LOL

Thanks,
    Andrea

http://forgetmenotusa.com

Re: New Website - Home Page Only

So far your doing a good job and this is a very needed program, your links are not working.
    Sharon Chajin

Comment

Phew, had to put sunglasses on to view it, lol. But it needs that to bring the importance of it to everyones attention so it is not a complaint, because it works. Keep up the good work.

http://www.plusplace.co.uk
      royb@plusplace.co.uk

Comment

Thank you for the encouraging words. This project is really important to me. I am not a very good proof reader, particularly my own writings, did you see any misspelled words?

I know the links don't work, tomorrows project. I have a date with PayPal in the morning.

Thanks again - This is really fun!

Andrea

Comment

That website was excellant. Not only do i want to buy your product, but it makes me want to cry. I really love children and that is a good way to help them

Comment

Thank you SO much. I am excited that you liked my website. And It is good to know that other people think this issue is as heartbreaking as I do. After hearing about it for a few years, I finally decided to do something. Put my money where my mouth is.

If you seriously want to purchase some stickers, you can call me at 580-276-3157 or email me at forgetmenot@hughes.net. I will be more than happy to send them out to you.

Today I am working on making my links work. In fact I dreamt about links last night. LOL

Andrea
            forgetmenot@hughes.net

Comment

Hi,

VERY cool that you're making such a website. I too was suffering from yellow glare after visiting your site, but I guess you did this deliberately to make an impact.

Your links don't work, but I just read that you're working on those now.

In case you run into problems - right click on your additional page(s), title them as (for example) "ordernow" (lowercase, IMPORTANT!!!) then save the page in Blue Voda as "ordernow" (again keep lowercase). Save all changes, then publish into your public_html folder. Use File Manager in your Control Panel to make sure that "ordernow.html" is present; get rid of all other versions of order now pages. On your index page, link Order Now to http://forgetmenotusa.com/ordernow.html, again save & publish. Now that link should work.

Cheers & good luck
              Suresh

Comment

a bit slow to load the images but love the colours and design, really sets it off.
                Tom

http://www.gfc-local.com
                your local directory, for Burton on Trent

Comment

Great Concept, Presented *****ly.....your use of hot colors creates the impression as planned, and forces constriction of verbage (which is good), but I agree that if you were to tone down the backgrounds, or page "base" colors, it would not be so visually difficult to focus for more than a brief time.....

I applaud your presentation of priority information above the fold* without losing either creative theme or continuity of fuction.

Ever think to add the freebie "Amber Alert" bar to both your web site and to visitors to place on their desktop? It might add the extra bit of import and credibility that could increase your metrics!

>>> I would also encourage you to begin adding your site to every available city, county, and association bulletin board in Florida....they welcome such promotions, and summer is coming to the worst-offending state in the US......every year, numerous unecessary tradjedies make the evening newscasts....

*above the imaginary cut-off line of typical screen bottom view, traditionally 600-650 pixel page height
                  . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                  * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Amber Alert is such a good idea. I will look into adding it. And I like your idea of city, county and association bulletins in Florida, but I will need to add OK, TX, since they had the highest number of children dying from hyperthermia - 4 per state. So sad.
                    Thanks for all your constructive suggestions - keep them coming.
                    Andrea
                    http://info@forgetmenotusa.com

Comment

The site was very eye catching - I found myself reading it all as I could not believe it! However, having just returned from a hot holiday in California and Arizona I can certainly see why NO ONE should be left in a car with the air conditioning off!

I have one suggestion - to get traffic to your site and to promote knowledge of the problem I would suggest writing an article and submitting to a number of article distributors. People using the article have to supply a link to your site.

Regards
                      Trish
                      www.Limebrook.com
                      www.MountainWalk.co.uk
                      www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
                      www.TucsonForBeginners.com
                      www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Should have added great site, good use of colour, laid out well. Obviously could not test the links.

Pictures loaded slowly (I have a slow system at work), but the text came up fast which was good.
                        Trish
                        www.Limebrook.com
                        www.MountainWalk.co.uk
                        www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
                        www.TucsonForBeginners.com
                        www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

I finally got the links to work. Still have lots to do.

I am going to add the Amber Alert Button and I have yet to add my media coverage. Which page do you suggest I add media coverage info and endorsement information?

The most important page, the Order Now page is not what it needs to be and I still need to work on emails. It's is coming along and I am really enjoying this learning process.

I now see why web designers get so much money for what they do.
                          Thanks for all the encouragement.

Andrea
                          info@forgetmenotusa.com

Comment

Originally posted by jamnltd
                            I now see why web designers get so much money for what they do.
                            Thanks for all the encouragement.
                            For most of us, this is a labor of love (it's our vision transforming into reality, right?) made possible ony with the incredible tools and technology made so freely available by the VodaHost Opportunity!

Welcome! Pass it on.....
                            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                            X