The Big Top is up; please review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Big Top is up; please review

After editing my background color, to not fry any more eyes, I had to s**** my logo becaused it clashed with the new background. Marc thought a big top might fit the motif and I had to consed. so I made one and added a few animations. I still need to add the Circus Pet script.
    Do youens think it might be to busy? http://www.circuspet.com Honest
    feedback please.

Re: The Big Top is up; please review

I think you are off to a great start. I like the big tent and animation you added. I am curious how it will all fit together and to see you other pages. I would recommend centering your pages, and double checking your spelling. What country are you in? Good Luck!
    Cindy
    Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Hey!
      I know you are still working on you interior pages/links, so I need not focus there, right?

I would first suggest that you think of creating "edges" to your pages, both right and left, only because it will "finish" it off so much easier for the eye, especially if you make the page a lighter tint than the background. This will also make your multi-coloered font stand out much clearer and present more 'pop' and visual life without such ***** contrast and loss of some colored letter definition.
      >> When you have your page "defined" with edges (and maybe a top and bottom edge also?), then you can center it for a truly professional appearance....
      Hmmm? Circus?? Maybe something like that multi-colored awning/garland to act as tent "edging"?? *see what you can find at Corbis.com in the free section..enter a search like "multicolor, tents, awnings" for instance, then click royalty free and managed both, and exclude BW....then sift through the presented galleries, click on desired thumbnails, and at pop-up of lager image, right-click-save to your BV Images file where you can edit/crop/resize before using in your application....

Secondly, you need to re-think your page transition.... the tent and dog need to be "registered" in exactly the same position on each page (as an achor), which makes for a smooth visual transition. You can find this by simply clicking (highlighting) on your image, and jotting down the X-Y axis numbers on the lower right guide bar in BV. The same should be done for anything that will remain consistent....

And, lastly, something needs to be done about your buttons....they do not fit your scheme, nor are they trim. There are quite a few to choose from in the styles area. And, if you take the suggestion regarding differing the tints between your page and background, you will find a happy medium that will not interfere with legibility nor visitor use. Be sure to enable a border (no more than 2 wide), preferrably the same tint+color as your background.

So...there you go...another long-winded novelette from a Major that should probably be a Sargeant still.....

(I LOVE your concept, and to make this really fly, your presentation needs to be BIG TOP, you know!)
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi circus,

Much much better! ...love the colour now, easier on the old eyes ;o)...and the big top is a great idea looks good ....a question tho ...are you using soho or BV builder? ....i was just wondering why your nav buttons are so spaced apart and the about us button was at the bottom? ....it would be easier for people if all the buttons were in the same place on every page.

Well done tho its looking really good
        Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
        http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

I like it better also, like the tent too!
          Sharon Chajin

Comment

First I would like to thank you all for your reviews and Sharon for her levity
            and major what can I say, I asked for crum and you threw me a feast. So much information I'll need to print it to remember. As you will discover your memory is the second thing to go. And Linda if you were any kinder I'd think you were hitting on me. I found the mass grouping of lincs buttons a bit busy, so i removed all but one every time which allowed random placement. I'm still waiting for a reply from race, (wall no dem suthen boies is slow) before making a commitment to put the gallerys on
            BV. When I do ( using those words again ) I would like to invite every one
            at BV to a free pet registration. It's not just a gift to you for putting up with me, but a way for me to salt the mine.
            P.S. Race I know your real busy this time of year, so if I don't hear back from you before tomorrow I'll just bug one of your superiors, no big.
            P.P.S. I still have my 67 coronet R/T ragtop I drove off the showroom floor

Comment

I like the animations you have added and I agree with comments from others... you need to center the page, add borders and change the buttons. Those changes will make a big difference to how your site looks. Just a thought... have you considered having background circus audio when the page loads on the index page?

Keep up the good work,

Mandy
              I Sing For My Soul... la, la, la...

Comment

Or, better yet, how about one of those "songs" sung by dogs and cats??
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I agree about centreing the pages, and also the uniformity of the logo position on each page. The menu buttons could do with being a little closer together so that they could all be seen without scrolling up. Perhaps they may be better across the page under the name rather than down the left side.

http://www.plusplace.co.uk
                  royb@plusplace.co.uk

Comment

Yes Mandy, I was tempted to do my own music, but I realized there is only so much of me anybody could be expected to stand.
                    Not as easy to listen to as The look off love , I have chosen this piece,
                    and it all ready drives me crazy> http://pages.prodigy.net/area512/circus1.html Circus Theme2

Comment

MajorVasili sir:

I haven't even started editing based on your novelette, but ( like the colored frieng ) I will get there. I am waiting on delivery of two moe flags
                      to put above the tent one says PET, the other CIRCUS. Until they arive I don't think I'll be doing any more editing, but instead will be spending time
                      on my sponser page. I have opened a BV affiliate account and need to
                      exchange some thoughts. I will do that on the affiliate forum.
                      Thanks
                      Robert Pond

Comment

Originally posted by circuspet.com
                        Yes Mandy, I was tempted to do my own music, but I realized there is only so much of me anybody could be expected to stand.
                        Not as easy to listen to as The look off love , I have chosen this piece,
                        and it all ready drives me crazy> http://pages.prodigy.net/area512/circus1.html Circus Theme2

Very good... I would suggest that you reduce the length of the audio file so like you said, you don't drive other people crazy too. 30 secs to 1 min at most. That's just my thoughts.

Mandy
                        I Sing For My Soul... la, la, la...

Comment

Working...
                        X